freegan

Forest is people. People is you. You is us.
ravanwin

freegan

Post by ravanwin » Fri May 25, 2007 4:39 pm

how has this happened?

anyone wanna write back to her?

"Jessica Harling" <jessica>

Hi

I am writing from Prospect Pictures in London.

We produce many primetime shows on food and one documentary I am currently researching, very early stages, is on Freeganism and your café has been named in articles on this subject.

We are really fascinated by this movement, with landfills over full, retailers wasting far too much decent food and politically minded people willing to take a step to help this, we find this a really fascinating subject to cover and really want to give this movement the coverage it deserves and help spread the word. I myself am a strict veggie and have been for 18years and really agree with a lot of Freegan principles, but to

really get to the bottom of what makes Freegans tick however, we need to meet them.

I am wondering if you know of any Freegan’s that we can get in touch with and hopefully arrange to meet, it all seems quite sparse and ‘underground’ so finding anyone here is proving to be really difficult!

I would really appreciate your help.

Kind regards,

Jessica

swithun

Post by swithun » Fri May 25, 2007 4:46 pm

Must be the poubelle cuisine we dish up. It has Bill written all over it.

dan

Post by dan » Fri May 25, 2007 5:28 pm

blame schlochtie.
the one true king of bin juice smoothies
Our big brother's got no heart,
when I get my chance I'm going to punch him in the nose, in the nose, in the nose

dan

Post by dan » Fri May 25, 2007 5:30 pm

As well as revulsion, freeganism has also caused a lot of outrage. What critics appear to find difficult is the idea of others living off society; we can't stand to work while others seemingly scrounge. Not working is a fundamental aspect of freeganism: as important as not buying the products of exploitative companies. Even for those at the non-freegan Forest cafe, this rejection of the retrace is an important element. "Being able to live cheaply is a very important thing, " says von Blitz. Because none of us want to work. That's the bottom line. Why work 40 hours a week to earn lots of money so that you can look forward to buying expensive food and clothes? It's suicidally stupid." Von Blitz used to be a teacher, but now splits his time between working as a kitchen manager for Forest and making music as part of the band The Very.

His admission, that he does not want to work, seems disarmingly frank.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_q ... 45172/pg_3
Our big brother's got no heart,
when I get my chance I'm going to punch him in the nose, in the nose, in the nose

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Fri May 25, 2007 5:52 pm

von blitz hates work.
scloctimier loves it.

beev

Post by beev » Sat May 26, 2007 9:50 am

Send them to Bilston.

baloo

Post by baloo » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:24 pm

I'll talk to her.

delokiii@goowy.com

my feeding principles used to be: find, grow, hunt.

i feel a bit like a cave man now i've said that.

2 thirds of produce in this country is thrown away.
Is feeganism a response of the concience or an act of solidarity with those that starve?
Or is it just free strawberries.

Hmm.....Yes.
up and at it.