Forest BB

The digital grapevine of The Forest.
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:04 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:04 pm
Posts: 60
Artist facilities working group meeting 3 feb 2010 minutes

Julie (minutes), Jude, Nix (facilitator), Shirley, Lucilla, Rachel, Sam, Grant, Gandolf, Stephen, Simon

P: Proposal
AP: Action Point


Agenda:
Updates (including project descriptions)
Bunker-project
Hall project
Pianos



Darkroom update (Lucilla)
ID cards are now made.
We need people to take on inductions and workshops as Lucilla can’t do them all.
P: how about making a small guide for the darkroom use. This will make it easier for new people to make the inductions. OK
AP: Shirley

What do we do with the disposal of chemicals?
P: Talk to the council and figure it out.
AP: Lucilla

It would be nice to have an online booking system/webpage with a gallery. It could be used to show the work done in darkroom and it could be used for workshops/feeback sessions.
AP: Nix to speak to Milk to get this made (the address could be www.theforest.org.uk/darkroombooking)


Balconies update (Nix):
All studios are full and paid for, and all users are up to date on vollie hours
Nix say’s sorry, my balcony is messy and I will clean it up
AP: Nix to tidy up


SoundTeam update (Julie):
We are up to date with sound engineers. We actually have too many and the “old” ones don’t get to do so many shifts.
P: How about having 2 sound engineers working at once - they can learn from aech other. OK.
Earth hum - seems to be gone.

Cave update (Grant):
The cave is in use - great!
The online booking system is not working yet
AP:Nix and Mike to make it work.

How to run induction sessions?
P: Grant will contact people and arrange a suitable day with them instead of having one fixed day a week. OK

Wednesday nights 7-8pm are silent hour + during special gigs in the café (because noisy rehearsals in the cave disturbs quiet gigs in the café)
P: Cave will be booked empty during silent events IF gig in café is booked one week in advance.
AP: Nix to speak to Café and Events WG about this.


This means we will have to change the booking system a bit,
AP: Nix to ask Mike to remove “no booking after 9” from the webpage


The Marshall amp is not working well.
P:let’s swap it with the one in the Hall. OK
AP: Grant

The keyboard needs a computer to work. Should we get one? Yes.
AP: Stephen to try to find one on freecycle or 2nd hand before next meeting.


Woodwork and paint workshop update (Nix):

The KM toolbox is nearly ready and will be locked behind the sounddesk in the café.
AP: Nix to get the toolkit ready within 14 days

Noone should use the woodwork and paint workshop for random work; tools will go missing and it will be messy in no time. It would be good if people should hand in a membership-card when getting the key from the café.

It is currently a dead project as we have noone to run it (Fanny no longer lives in Edinburgh). We need a new bottomliner.
Rachel will take on the task! Jude and Gandolf can help her, they have woodwork skills.

AP: Rachel should arrange a clean out day.
AP: Gandolf should buy a new drill driver



The Bunker Project (Nix):

It shoul be for foresters only (limited acces). Noone should use the workshop for random work; tools will go missing and it will be messy in no time. It would be good if people should hand in a membership-card when getting the key from the café.
We need a new bottomliner for this project. Jude will do this.

Fire extinguishers:
AP: Nix to get one more for this room, including sand bucket and blanket

Extraction:
AP: Nix to get on about the ducting - talk to the FWG

The floor is made of concrete - it is safe.


Hall project (Nix and Julie):

The hall needs a makeover:
The walls need to be filled with polyfilla, and painted. The PA+Mixer need to be fixed.
New equipment has to be bought:

Guitarhead 100 watt
Drumkit (we have a kickdrum)
2 Monitors (maybe just small passive speakers)
Mic and mic stands

AP: Julie to arrange a Hall action day. (will be done in two days, first action day will be this Monday 12-4pm)


Pianos (Stephen):
In entrance hall: Tuned (Broken keys and maybe hammers).
In hall: Tuned (broken string and hammers)
In Cave: Not tuneable… - look to find a new one, maybe butcher the old one to get spare bits for the other two.

AP: Nix to find Joe the piano doctor - who can fix the pianos.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:04 pm
Posts: 60
Nix, can you post the "project descriptions" we discussed in the meeting? Or give them to me and I'll do it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:04 pm
Posts: 60
Darkroom Project Outline:

Project Aims:

To maintain and improve the Forest Darkroom and Equipment, Providing
opportunities for people to develop skills and gain experience with
Photographic Printing, Film Developing and related arts.


Responsibilities of the Bottom Liner:


- to ensure that the Forest Darkroom remains a
valuable, functioning Artists Facility within Forest.

- to train people in using the Forest Darkroom.

- to encourage people to use the Darkroom, share skills, and take responsibility for the practical running of the facility.

- to endeavor to provide a safe and secure space and develop a long-term, sustainable project.

- to report to, and to be part of the Artists Facilities Working Group.


---


Sound Team Project Outline

Project Aims:
To maintain the Forest Stage and Sound Equipment, Providing
opportunities for people to develop skills and gain experience with
sound engineering and stage management.


Responsibilities of the Bottom Liner:
- to ensure that the Forest Stage and Sound Equipment remains a
valuable, functioning Artists Facility within Forest.

- to train and assist people in using the Forest Stage and Sound Equipment.

- to encourage people to join the Sound Team.

- to update the sound rota (Make sure that a sound team member is
present when the café PA is in use)

- to ensure the all the sound equipment is tidy and working.

- to answer any query sent to: s o u n d @ t h e f o r e s t

- to report to, and to be part of the Artists Facilities Working Group.

---

The Cave Project Outline:

Project Aims:

To maintain and improve The Cave Music Rehearsal Room, providing access to space and equipment and therefore opportunities for people to develop skills and gain experience with
music.

Responsibilities of the Bottomliner:


- to ensure that The Cave remains a
valuable, functioning Artists Facility within Forest.

- to train and assist people in using The Cave and Equipment.

- to encourage people to use The Cave, share skills, and take responsibility for the practical running of the facility.

- to coordinate the induction process for new members, ensuring they have membership cards, and to answer any query sent to c a v e @ t h e f o r e s t

- to endeavor to provide a safe and secure space and develop a long-term, sustainable project.

- to report to, and to be part of the Artists Facilities Working Group.


===

Wood and Paint Workshop Project Outline:

Project Aims:

To maintain and improve The Wood and Paint Workshop, providing access to space and tools and therefore opportunities for people to develop skills and gain experience with woodwork and paint.


Responsibilities of the Bottomliner:


- to ensure that Wood and Paint Workshop remains a
valuable, functioning Artists Facility within Forest.

- to train and assist people in using Wood and Paint Workshop, the tools and materials therein, or to assist them in gaining guidance.

- to encourage people to use Wood and Paint Workshop, share skills, and take responsibility for the practical running of the facility.

- to coordinate the induction process for new members and to answer any query sent to t o o l s @ t h e f o r e s t

- to endeavor to provide a safe and secure space and develop a long-term, sustainable project.

- to report to, and to be part of the Artists Facilities Working Group.

===


The Bunker Project Outline:

Project Aims:

To maintain and improve The Bunker, providing access to space and tools and therefore opportunities for people to develop skills and gain experience with metalwork.


Responsibilities of the Bottomliner:

- to ensure that The Bunker becomes and remains a
valuable, functioning Artists Facility within Forest.

- to train and assist people in using The Bunker, the tools and materials therein, or to assist them in gaining guidance.

- to encourage people to use The Bunker, share skills, and take responsibility for the practical running of the facility.

- to coordinate the induction process for new members and to answer any query sent to b u n k e r @ t h e f o r e s t

- to endeavor to provide a safe and secure space and develop a long-term, sustainable project.

- to report to, and to be part of the Artists Facilities Working Group.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group