action working group meat-in Sun 13/7 mins

Working group and other such Forest meeting minutes
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
User avatar
milk
Posts: 1798
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:02 pm
Location: Edinburgh, UK
Contact:

action working group meat-in Sun 13/7 mins

Postby milk » Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:44 pm

Present; nix, eric, taskin, roman, ida, charles

Apologies from graeme and alex


Agenda:
DEFINITION OF ACTION GROUP
CRAFTY ROOM
WORKSHOPS
ACTION ROOM
BIKES
COMPOST/GARDEN



* Definition of Action Group

A brief recap of what the action group is about. Everything within the forest related to community action, workshops, garden, forest bikes, etc.



* Crafty Room

Nix; proposal to make the craft room fall under the remit of the action group.

Roman; suggestion to put more facilities (chairs, tables for starters)

Nix; proposes we should define the action room's usage first? gave a brief description of the history of the crafty room.

Roman; wondering what may happen when the forest might move

Nix; the new building could have a crafty room as well. also, at least still 6 weeks in bristo place, would be a shame not to use it.

Eric; would be interested in running a painting workshop

Charles; suggestion for booking sheet on the door.

Roman; suggestion that we make workshops use the room

Nix; we need to make the room usable. Fix the window, set-up computer.

Roman; proposal for getting tables/chairs moved in, maybe that can be moved/folded-up to the side for more space

We agree in general the crafty room should come under the action group's remit.

Taskin; what's it being used for currently?

Nix; sewing workshop, english workshop, two theatre groups.

Milk; worry that the room might be cluttered with a table.

Nix; 6 stackable chairs for the moment? look to get a foldable trestle table

Milk; do we have the budget for a table?

Nix; explains the Action WG £780/year. much not being used

Charles; [fake] natural light source?

Milk; natural light frequency should be possible

Eric; de-humidifier?

Nix; possible, yes. there was one previously

Eric; possibility of getting one second hand? he may have a source

Eric; what's in there currently?

Nix; describes the existing contents of the room (filing cabinets, etc). proposes a forest day of action. 1pm-6pm, sunday 20th.

Nix; how should we define the room?

Milk; how should the crafty room differentiate from the action room? essentially smaller and maybe slightly messier?

Nix; have the crafty room open for more artsy/crafty projects, similar booking system to the cave, key in the cafe. some people already have the key, but this shouldn't be a problem.



* Workshops

Eric; would like to start a painting workshop

Nix; describes how workshop proposals are dealt with.

Eric; for peeps with an interest in painting, anyone can come along with their own materials.

Nix; charging for materials in the craft room. traditionally everything is free at the forest. crafty room has possible exception in that people can choose to charge and donate something back to the forest/crafty room?

People wonder about how free things should be,

Carlos; interested in taking up the role of workshop co-ordinator. suggestions for guidelines for people running workshop. also for suggestions for promotion.

Ida; board just for workshop date/times? w/ a description of each.

Milk; have set rules for saying when we can reassess whether an unreliable workshop leader can continue

Nix; you must show up or workshops and advertise, else the workshop co-ordinator has the right to cancel the class. if reasons are given for not being there then that's ok, but else..

Nix; carlos for workshop co-ordinator?

All; agree, woo

Nix; advises carlos on a few of the responsibilities. workshop runners have £5 for flyers/poster copying. advises eric to register workshop idea with carlos.

Charles; interested in running a 4 week workshop, sharing a healing code of exchange, skill sharing for alternative health therapies.

Nix; advises to make it clear it's an affinity group rather than a service.



* Action Room

Nix; definition of the action room? keeping it tidy - deep clean day movements?

Nix; action room co-ordinator anyone?

Eric; suggestion to keep it as a group for the moment?

Nix; ok, but will have to be dealt with at some point...



* Bikes

Nix; graham wants to step down as co-ordinator. nix will take this up reluctantly for a month. advises there are no bikes available atm. is not too happy about the face that EVS people get bikes for free.

Is advised that this is a legal obligation.

Nix; ok with this, still unhappy it wasn't communicated to him earlier. also wants to note that, even though the outcome is ok, decisions for the action group should be made at the action group meeting, not at the EVS meeting.

Nix sorts out bike allocation with the EVS people present.

Nix; there's a possibility of getting new bikes, to follow up in the future


* Compost & garden

Nix; blue has left the forest for the time being and the garden needs looking after. explains the composting system. unhappy that cafe & events took it upon themselves to cancel composting when it's not in their remit. wants to make it work. advertising for interested parties? responsible person for the garden?




*** Action points;

Fix lighting and window in crafty room - Charles'll look into the lighting. Nix'll look at the window.
Booking sheet for crafty room - Carlos?
Work on promotion for crafty room - Roman.
E-mail address recipient - Nix, Roman.
Crafty co-ordinator - Nix.
Deep clean day/set-up computer? - Sunday 20th, 1-6pm. Nix to promote this.
How to register crafty room users? - Nix.
Advertise for garden person? - Nix will ask, Ida will create a poster/flyer.
hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) |

User avatar
dan
Posts: 1410
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:04 pm
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby dan » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:20 pm

hey yo i betcha we can get a foldy trestle table from EUS maybe one of the ones we use for the zine fair? D x

User avatar
Gaz
Posts: 1373
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:24 am
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Gaz » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:59 pm


User avatar
milk
Posts: 1798
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:02 pm
Location: Edinburgh, UK
Contact:

Postby milk » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:37 am

hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) |

User avatar
James
Posts: 1180
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: Edinburgh
Contact:

Postby James » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:28 am

I don't know about the "obligation" part. Either way, I think it is a good thing to do.

But we need to do this properly. Some the the EVS don't have lights yet, which is very highly dangerous. not to mention lack of helmets. If the Forest says it will be doing this, It needs to get it sorted now and properly, not in the usual lazy way. One EVS has already had a (thankfully) small accident. Please, no more.

User avatar
Gaz
Posts: 1373
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:24 am
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Gaz » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:28 pm

Last edited by Gaz on Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Roman
Posts: 108
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 12:41 pm
Contact:

Postby Roman » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:22 pm

the phrase "legal obligation" means nothing special, it was just said that under EVS program host organization has to provide volunteers by local transportation, this is not legal obligation of course, it's not precscibed by UK or EU law :lol:
in this case the transport for EVS is bike.

http://www.fve.hu/evs/documents/jogokes ... 011428.pdf

page 4th
"Don't trust anyone over thirty" - Jerry Rubin

User avatar
Gaz
Posts: 1373
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:24 am
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Gaz » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:36 pm


User avatar
ravanwin
Posts: 5060
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:08 pm
Location: edinburgh
Contact:

Postby ravanwin » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:36 am

FYI - I called mark at the bike station 2 x. I spoke with a person who thought that they may be able to help us out with extra bikes at, around £20 per bike.

If the EVS guys are so keen to get bikes than they can do the legwork to sort this out. You want to speak to Mark at the Bike Station. Tell them you are from the Forest and you wondered if there was anything we could exchange for a few cheaper rate bikes. We've worked with them in the past and, if they can help, they will.

As for Helmets and Lights. I say that is a personal responsibility based on the comfort level of the riders. If someone gives you a bike you don't say - where's my helmet? You say: Cool. Thanks!

As for legal obligations: I second Gareth - cut the shit. Further, there are plenty of bikes available --- I believe they should be shared.

Ride on!,
Ryan

User avatar
ravanwin
Posts: 5060
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:08 pm
Location: edinburgh
Contact:

Postby ravanwin » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:36 am

ps: found a bike. it is silver. and up in the balconys. It could use some work but, mostly, it seems pretty good.
r

User avatar
nix
Posts: 1231
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:49 am
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby nix » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:44 pm

there is a "day of Action" on Sunday and with the help of some random volunteer I have not met yet, we are sorting out all the forest bikes, Nuria has said she will take on the role of "forest bikes coordinator" .. she will be trained in all the admin she needs to do. there are enough bikes for all EVS and a couple of spares.

User avatar
milk
Posts: 1798
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:02 pm
Location: Edinburgh, UK
Contact:

Postby milk » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:48 pm

ah, spares do exist. could i apply for a bike then please?
hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) |

User avatar
Shannon
Posts: 2752
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:12 pm
Location: there and then
Contact:

Postby Shannon » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:09 am


User avatar
Roman
Posts: 108
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 12:41 pm
Contact:

Postby Roman » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:11 pm

"Don't trust anyone over thirty" - Jerry Rubin

User avatar
ravanwin
Posts: 5060
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:08 pm
Location: edinburgh
Contact:

Postby ravanwin » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:18 am

are we reimbursing for lights?

User avatar
Roman
Posts: 108
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 12:41 pm
Contact:

Postby Roman » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:12 pm

"Don't trust anyone over thirty" - Jerry Rubin

User avatar
milk
Posts: 1798
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:02 pm
Location: Edinburgh, UK
Contact:

Postby milk » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:35 pm

hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) |

User avatar
Shannon
Posts: 2752
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:12 pm
Location: there and then
Contact:

Postby Shannon » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:48 am


User avatar
milk
Posts: 1798
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:02 pm
Location: Edinburgh, UK
Contact:

Postby milk » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:37 am

hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) |

User avatar
Shannon
Posts: 2752
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:12 pm
Location: there and then
Contact:

Postby Shannon » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:52 am


User avatar
ravanwin
Posts: 5060
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:08 pm
Location: edinburgh
Contact:

Postby ravanwin » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:50 am


User avatar
James
Posts: 1180
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: Edinburgh
Contact:

Postby James » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:09 pm


User avatar
swithun
Posts: 2683
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:24 pm
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby swithun » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:11 pm


User avatar
James
Posts: 1180
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: Edinburgh
Contact:

Postby James » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:13 pm


User avatar
chris
Posts: 2638
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:50 am
Location: heartland
Contact:

Postby chris » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:17 pm


User avatar
ravanwin
Posts: 5060
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:08 pm
Location: edinburgh
Contact:

Postby ravanwin » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:53 pm


User avatar
milk
Posts: 1798
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:02 pm
Location: Edinburgh, UK
Contact:

Re: action working group meat-in Sun 13/7 mins

Postby milk » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:58 am

hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) |

User avatar
swithun
Posts: 2683
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:24 pm
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re:

Postby swithun » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:45 am


User avatar
chris
Posts: 2638
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:50 am
Location: heartland
Contact:

Re: action working group meat-in Sun 13/7 mins

Postby chris » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:59 pm

i feel safer without lights.

if they can't see you, its harder for them to hit you.

go to a rifle range, turn the lights out and try and hit the target.

i made serious points above, which have not been responded to.

User avatar
stephengoodall
Posts: 817
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:29 pm
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: action working group meat-in Sun 13/7 mins

Postby stephengoodall » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:28 pm

it seems a bit crap that if we don't provide lights then our "bike service" is deemed rubbish- it's great that we have the bikes to provide in the first place.
First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is.

User avatar
James
Posts: 1180
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: Edinburgh
Contact:

Re:

Postby James » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:09 am



[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Minutes”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests