Cafe and Events Minutes July 3rd 2007

Working group and other such Forest meeting minutes
Post Reply
User avatar
Jimmy Bastard
Posts: 1210
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:59 pm
Location: Heaven sent, hell bent & unrepentant

Cafe and Events Minutes July 3rd 2007

Post by Jimmy Bastard » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:47 am

Alex, Sean, Shannon, Dai
(apologies Nick B.)

1 Table Top Info Sheet
2 Volunteer Party
3 Night Manager Saviour Sheet
4 Coffee Grinder
5 August Events Meeting
6 Two Strikes Policy
7 KM Schedules
8 Price Hike
9 BB
10 Cleaning Rota
11) Fuselit

Action Points
1)Alex will post his info sheet draft on the BB as way of finalisation.
2)The Volunteer Party has been double-booked with Ras' night, as Ras' nights are nicely self-contained we were concerned the merge wouldn't work. Alex said he'd speak with Ras, thrash out the details.
Also we said we'd make an effort to throw up photos from Genderfuck II on the site
3)It's printed, action point, get people to sign up.
4)We need a newer, better model. Shannon will see to this.
5)The August Events Meeting will be held this coming Monday 5.30PM
6)It was motioned that any volunteer who missed two shifts in sucession should be banned from volunteering for a month. Although we broadly agreed on this, we saw it as delicate territory. Dai will word out the warning in disarming tones.
7)KM schedules were scheduled.
8)The new menu, no-one likes it, shabby and half-arsed, we will retain old menu printe with updated prices. Shannon and Sean will oversee this. New prices will be discussed at WG meeting.
9)All Night Managers must encourage nay actually sign up any volunteer who isn't active on the BB. Ideally the laptop that Graeme is the process of securing would live at the side of the kitchen.
Dai might have an open day sign-up on a Sunday in the Gold Room
Sean also thought a Forest Latest News Blog might be a good idea. A central information source but on second thoughts actually that might be just another addition in our amorphous online prescence. He will bring it up at the WG meeting.
10) Alex will type up the rota and it will live next to the kitchen rota, other various issues he would bring up at the WG meeting.
11)We have concerns, no-one knows the extent of actual performers they are bringing and if there are any real proposals for a full night. We like the theme though. Alex will get in touch .
- poor show the no-shows, in future arbitrary action points will be assigned to absentees, washing bins out etc.
Pep Up The Turmoil

User avatar
Posts: 2638
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:50 am
Location: heartland

Post by chris » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:58 pm

bunch of *******.

simple, easy to read and less confusing. took me quite a while to do, no-one else would do it.

i quit.
Maybe it could work? But it will be a kaleidoscopic blend of mysterious shadows and rainbow hued-dreams seen through compassionate tears.

User avatar
Posts: 5060
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:08 pm
Location: edinburgh

Post by ravanwin » Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:09 pm

i can buy the coffee grinder after research on which is best. it would be good to get one that
1) don't break
2) has warrenty
3) accurately measures 1 and 2 shots.


we need a bit to fix the blender. no smooties till fixed.

i don't know which I hate more: the menu I helped write or chris'. Palmer's lacks some basic info but is certainly neater. it could be peppered up?

anyway, I am in no position to do it so.... like whatever.

User avatar
Posts: 2752
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:12 pm
Location: there and then

Post by Shannon » Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:55 pm

Chris' is clearer. However, it lacks details about the food that I am going to have to tell everyone. I wonder if we can take a little from column a and a little from column b?

User avatar
Posts: 1460
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:01 pm
Location: Edinburgh

Post by lucky » Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:28 pm

chris wrote: i quit.
You can't quit, you're FIRED!


Post Reply