Free shop!

Tove evs

Free shop!

Post by Tove evs » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:01 pm

If you want the freeshop to happen the 2nd of august,
make it happen!
Me and Hannah has a free time, but the stuff is in the cupboard.
Only ask the cafe for the freeshop key, and bring it all down!
See you,
Tove

Judith Jewcakes

Re: Free shop!

Post by Judith Jewcakes » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:15 pm

Me!

P.S. What time is the free shop usually open?

Hannah

Post by Hannah » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:27 pm

Usually it's open from 2-5pm an Sundays. Would be wonderful if you do it! :)

Tove evs

Post by Tove evs » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:59 pm

Oh, that's great judith!!!!!!

Hannah

Post by Hannah » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:10 pm

Let's keep the freeshop happening every Sunday afternoon!

I put up a brand new freeshop rota in the kitchen today. Everyone interested in helping out with the freeshop on Sunday afternoons is very welcome to sign up on the rota! I know that when you see the big mess upstairs the freeshop might seem frightening but hey, if we all take care a bit and people just bring their - usefull, clean - stuff on Sundays the freeshop can be awesome!

If you sign up your job is to:
- set the freeshop up: carry down boxes from the cupboard upstairs (keys are in the kitchen); make it look welcoming and nice (you can arrange the stuff on the stage); don't forget to put out the freeshop sign
- when you close the freeshop again (usually at 5 or 6), pack everything into boxes – try not to mess it up but to clean up and ideally label boxes; don't be afraid of throwing away things that probably nobody will ever take/that are broken/dirty
- take everything back upstairs, try to fit it into the cupboard instead of the windowsill
Remember: Don't do it alone! Find people who hang out in the Cafe and can help you carrying

VIVA THE FREESHOP!

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:37 am

This is sounding great guys, FREEEEEEEEE shop!

Tove evs

Post by Tove evs » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:50 am

We have a new Freeshop arranger, Geereth.
I think ha has the plan of arranging it every sunday.

neil

Post by neil » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:03 pm

I have a few things for the free shop and I've been holding onto them for ages. There's no way I can get down on Sat or Sun to drop them off because of work. Is there anyway I can drop off on Friday?

Is good free shop stuff!

milk

Post by milk » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:55 pm

Tove evs wrote:We have a new Freeshop arranger, Geereth.
I think ha has the plan of arranging it every sunday.
yay, most awesome!

could i ask you not forget to keep the Forest Coordinator document up-to-date with such changes so those after you know the skinny, thanks :)
hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) | MilkMiruku

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:40 am

I left a bunch of stuff for the free shop last night, up by the balcony where the sign is that says 'don't leave things here.' I'm sorry. I called before I came in to make sure it would be okay, but when I got there the free shop crew wasn't around and the free shop key didn't work. It is all clean, neatly folded clothes. I was afraid that if I took them home they might end up back in my closet... I made a curry to repent for my sins.

Hannah

Post by Hannah » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:50 pm

Hej, just a short update about the freeshop: It's still on on Sunday afternoons between 1 and 5. Since Gareth doesn't run the free shop anymore, I have taken it over again. But I cannot do it alone every Sunday, so I'd be very happy if there are any volunteers who would like to help out with the free shop. You'd just have to be here on a Sunday afternoon from around 1 and help me to carry down things, put it up on stage nicely and clean everything up afterwards. I'll put a note and a free shop rota in the kitchen, sign up!
The Freeshop also needs great new stuff. So if you have something to give which is neither broken nor dirty, come and bring it in. Please don't drop it on the windowsill upstairs but talk to someone in the kitchen. There is a freeshop key in the blue drawer and a volunteer can take the stuff upstairs up for you (but please, volunteer, don't mess it all up).

Is there anybody who would like to do the freeshop this Sunday (31 January)? I'll not be here this weekend and therefore looking for someone who volunteers to do it.