City Centre Open Space Workshop

Lynne

City Centre Open Space Workshop

Post by Lynne » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:06 pm

Dear all,

You may be aware that the Council is currently consulting on an open space audit, which forms the first stage of preparing an open space strategy. This is the most comprehensive look at open spaces in the city in over 40 years.

The Council is holding a public workshop at St Columba's by the Castle, Johnston Terrace, on Tuesday 30 June, 6:30 - 8:00pm. The purpose of the workshop is to check the accuracy of the draft audit, find out what people think about the quality and provision of open space and discuss ideas for enhancing or changing open space.

The strategy will set standards of open space provision across the city and inform future planning decisions affecting open space. It will also help set priorities for changing and enhancing open space over the next five years to ensure these standards are met. To help set priorities and inform standards we need local knowledge.

We will be consulting on the next stage of the project - the draft strategy and action plans - early next year but in the meantime we are keen to hear your views.

To enable us to plan for the event, I would be grateful if you could reply to Finlay Martin at finlay.martin@edinburgh.gov.uk or 0131 4693598 to let him know of your attendance.

Please do not hesitate to contact Finlay Martin should you require further information about the audit and strategy.

Regards
Alan

Alan Dean I Partnership Development (City Centre) I Services for Communities I Performance Services and Community Planning I 1 Cockburn Street I Edinburgh I
EH1 1BJ I Tel: 0131-529-7519 I Fax: 0131-529-7637 I
alan.dean@edinburgh.gov.uk

THE NEXT MEETING OF THE CITY CENTRE NEIGHBOURHOOD PARTNERSHIP WILL TAKE PLACE IN SEPTEMBER. DETAILS WILL BE CONFIRMED SOON.

Remember to check out the Neighbourhood Partnership website by clicking on the link below:

www.edinburghnp.org.uk