Forest web site meet at my flat, Sunday evening - 21st June

milk

Forest web site meet at my flat, Sunday evening - 21st June

Post by milk » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:57 pm

I'm going to have a hack session at my flat to work on the new Forest website this Sunday evening.

Are you a geek interested in finding out how the system works (we roll with Drupal) and/or possibly doing some coding (php) or theming (mainly css, smattering of php) though for the project?

Things will begin at 7pm at my flat in Granton, going on late into the night as we get down to business. You can pop along for just an hour or two, either earlier or later, or you could stay and make use of crashspace.

I will be making pizza. Bring toppings you hold dear to your heart that you would like to share with others. Nibbles and other such foodstuffs, drinks or mary jane would be nice, but don't push yourself, it's not required.

It will be a fairly informal event. We have a list of things to look at, the how/what/why of which can be explained, or I can show people the basics of the system and examples of how addons, themes, etc work.

I have two computers that can be used, but if you have a laptop that you could use, please do bring it so you can browse documentation and code at your leisure to learn at your own pace.

Music, YouTube and other such frivolities will most likely crop up at some point. Plus you can see my dead lighter collection. Any additions would be greatly appreciated.

If you would like me to send you my address, please comment on this thread and I'll PM you.
hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) | MilkMiruku

ChaoticReality

Re: Forest web site meet at my flat, Sunday evening - 21st June

Post by ChaoticReality » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:46 am

I will be there!
Mike

Dawnsio 'mlaen i'r gwres prynhawn a rwy'n addo erbyn yfori byddai wedi mynd, hwyl fawr i pawb, hwyl fawr i pawb...

neil

Post by neil » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:07 pm

send address please!

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:12 am

all -

been getting loads of volunteer requests to help with web stuff. not sure when is right to get them involved but it would be good to harness the extra power if we can.
r

milk

Post by milk » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:42 pm

i've been chasing these up within a week of receiving them. it's quite disheartening the amount that don't bother replying to my initial contact e-mail. only ryan has turned up more than once.
hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) | MilkMiruku