Hpow do you feel about 'Mutual advertisement'

EscapeArtist

Hpow do you feel about 'Mutual advertisement'

Post by EscapeArtist » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:09 pm

How do you all feel about ESCApe Artist (production company putting on This Lime Tree Bower) including an advert for another theatre show in another venue in our pogramme/flier, in return for them doing the same for us.
There won't be any payment involved, only 'in kind'. We haven't approached anybody about this, because I wanted to check with you first. This would be a good way to ensure people come to our show.
Mim

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:26 pm

What's the venue? In theory, I'm cool with it.

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:30 am

yeah... what's this venue?

EscapeArtist

What venue

Post by EscapeArtist » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:39 pm

Like I said 'We haven't approached anybody about this, because I wanted to check with you first' so I don't know what the venue is!
It'll be an official Fringe one though, I am expecting.

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:27 am

ryan is not bothered.

chakan hislop

well i should hope not ryan

Post by chakan hislop » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:31 pm

I think a little bit of collaborative with a few outside event orgs is just what the doctor ordered.. what is good for the goose is good for the gander, it would be great to vice versa and for some branded forest content to get out there to show other people who have not had a taste exactly what the forest arts support system is all about... e.g. supporting people who develop ideas to share within the forest and on a wider platform... It does not matter whether this be cross pollinating venue branded content or a promotional material contra, its not like its a competition or anything.... we only have space for 180 people.... i think...

of course this type of promotional contra already happens in a more informal manner, but a little bit of formal planning and-or policy cannot hurt, can it????? it’ll obviously allow people who want to contribute suggestions on cross venue/promotion collaboration/contra a further understanding on what’s possible, you never know you might get lucky and be able to rope in the venue promoters of the future. Another way of supporting people who in the future can work in the arts, in manner that is understandable and transparent, just like the values that underlies the forest BBs... however i do understand how drawn out developing these formalities and policy outline documents can be, and its also important to be organic, and this thread is.. what might seem easy can become hard, or was it the other way around!!!

What id know from experince of the forest and outside orgs, is there a general opinion that a bit of innovative cross polination is a good idea... a good idea for the forest and a good idea for edinburgh underground arts scene as a whole... as its very important to get the off season working, so the city transforms from being a seasonal holiday camp for those in the know, and becomes a city which provides a year round platfrom and development base for many artists that see the cities festival as a USP which is just an exposition of it#s values that exist all year round.. and i think the forest and a bit of collaboration with other venues that share some of the same content types could be a great example of this... niche community / arts / development.... ... :D