Search found 595 matches

by nix
Mon May 10, 2010 2:29 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: new proposal for a mural
Replies: 19
Views: 7120

Re: new proposal for a mural

I love it.
by nix
Fri May 07, 2010 11:28 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Artist Facilities Working Group meeting 5th May '10
Replies: 7
Views: 5919

Re: Artist Facilities Working Group meeting 5th May '10

*waggle ears*
by nix
Fri May 07, 2010 12:35 pm
Forum: Events
Topic: Solidarity with Women in Afghanistan!
Replies: 0
Views: 1491

Solidarity with Women in Afghanistan!

*Solidarity with Women in Afghanistan!* RAWA Solidarity Scotland is combining forces with the Himalayan Cultural Festival to present an evening of film, photography, music, and food! The event is both the launch night of the Himalayan Cultural Festival and a fund-raiser for the Revolutionary Associa...
by nix
Thu May 06, 2010 10:40 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Artist Facilities Working Group meeting 5th May '10
Replies: 7
Views: 5919

Re: Artist Facilities Working Group meeting 5th May '10

Multi core, we have a 24chanel desk and a dodgy 6 channel Multicore. we need more. 15m? 8 (or more) channels? XLR, should be portable. from last months meeting we looked into getting a 16ch one from Owen's work, I cant remember exactly but it cost in excess 200. erm, in order to make the hall good ...
by nix
Thu May 06, 2010 12:56 am
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Artist Facilities Working Group meeting 5th May '10
Replies: 7
Views: 5919

Artist Facilities Working Group meeting 5th May '10

Present: Julie, Grant, Mike, Nix Apologies Rachel. Studios - Everything is good, apart from Nix's studio is still a tip and he has been chastised by the group. Shane and Sam helped tidy the Technical Area. Thanks to them. Proposal accepted: the rent will be increased to £40pcm on 1st Sept. Cave - Th...
by nix
Wed May 05, 2010 11:37 pm
Forum: Workshops
Topic: Project idea - Drums?
Replies: 19
Views: 12659

Re: Project idea - Drums?

just to let you know the AFWG is opposed to this as a free event in the Cave. sorry.
by nix
Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:51 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: clean me! xx/mail cabinet
Replies: 5
Views: 3278

Re: clean me! xx/mail cabinet

cool.

every one who has a pigeon hole should get onto tidying it up, ASAP, so Cornelia don't have to sort through old our old junk....

great!
by nix
Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:42 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: baby changer
Replies: 13
Views: 7528

Re: baby changer

My mistake. After comments from a couple of young mothers and other people, I decided that the table was not right. I took it down, as I knew that I wasn't going to do anything about it till next week, and thought it a wee bit of a liability. I will fit something good as the baby changer, this comin...
by nix
Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:00 am
Forum: The Building
Topic: Proposal: 'International Branding' photo exhibition
Replies: 5
Views: 3027

Re: Proposal: 'International Branding' photo exhibition

it is up.

and the whole stairway is painted (thanks Lukas and Alice) ..

how long shal it stay up?


do you like it?


I will try and sort out better lighting for it.


thanks.
N.
by nix
Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:37 pm
Forum: Events
Topic: oh no
Replies: 4
Views: 2462

Re: oh no

we need it tonight for policebox.

thanks
by nix
Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:52 pm
Forum: Kitchen
Topic: NEW MENU
Replies: 10
Views: 5649

Re: NEW MENU

menu looks nice Jane!


sorry if I am missing/forgetting something.

what did we decide about the vollie discount?

I strongly feel that with these stiff price hikes, we should keep the discount system as it is.

thanks, N
by nix
Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:17 am
Forum: The Building
Topic: stairs mural!
Replies: 8
Views: 4230

Re: stairs mural!

cool, approach Alex then..
by nix
Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:20 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: forest "Do the Loo" campain meeting 4/5/10
Replies: 5
Views: 5104

forest "Do the Loo" campain meeting 4/5/10

Present: Nix, Cornelia, Ken, Suzi, Will Under the auspices of th Action Working Group, a semi-formal meeting was called to think of strategy and ideas on how to raise funds to build new toilets. we chose the name "Do the Loo". We talked about ideas for fundraising activities on a continual...
by nix
Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:36 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Charity News Letter!
Replies: 3
Views: 2411

Charity News Letter!

Hello... it has been an idea for a while that we should publish a Charity News Letter (once a quarter?) that tells other Charitable Organisations and members of the Press and public who we are, what we are doing, what services we provide, what we are fundraising for and what help we need. I feel we ...
by nix
Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:09 pm
Forum: Events
Topic: Artist Facilities Working Group Meeting - come!
Replies: 1
Views: 1525

Re: Artist Facilities Working Group Meeting - come!

Agenda points:

over and above the regular Project Updates,

Cave: Getting more folk registered smoothly. When is the mega launch party? Regular Cave Sessions night?

Darkroom: H&S compliance.

Sound: Hall PA & Backline.
by nix
Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:51 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: stairs mural!
Replies: 8
Views: 4230

Re: stairs mural!

Front of House have been soliciting for proposals for this wall for ages now. Nothing promising yet. We are doing a new postcard campaign soon and hope that that will stir some heavy art all over the building! There is time for a cool mural now and another special one for Forest X. I think. Please e...
by nix
Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:06 am
Forum: The Building
Topic: Mural Proposal. Cassie .
Replies: 6
Views: 3179

Re: Mural Proposal. Cassie .

its done and looks good.

we are all aware about the temporary nature of art and Forest.

we said YES!

great!
by nix
Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:06 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: Mural Proposal. Cassie .
Replies: 6
Views: 3179

Re: Mural Proposal. Cassie .

I think this will be great!

Cassie is with us for THIS WEEK ONLY! so she needs to get started now.
I think she should start Wednesday?

any thoughts?

thanks! N.
by nix
Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:04 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: Mural Proposal. Cassie .
Replies: 6
Views: 3179

Mural Proposal. Cassie .

ONWARDS AND NORTHWARDS... I intend to create a piece inspired by the coastal journey from Sheffield to Edinburgh. I will build text into a visual composition in order to create a piece of concrete poetry, illustrating the changing scenery of the dramatic landscape. I wrote the text whilst travelling...
by nix
Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:28 am
Forum: The Building
Topic: Proposal: 'International Branding' photo exhibition
Replies: 5
Views: 3027

Re: Proposal: 'International Branding' photo exhibition

I propose:

Now and a maximum of 6 weeks,

and the gauntlet is thrown down to the FoH Team to look for a new exhibition.
by nix
Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:36 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Giant Marble Run
Replies: 45
Views: 20500

Re: Giant Marble Run

one think that I thought ..

there will be an issue of noise.

We will have to switch it off for a lot of the while. disturb the theatre.
- possibly to two wee ones one at the top one at the bottom?
by nix
Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:32 pm
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: The splash/landing page
Replies: 15
Views: 7773

Re: The splash/landing page

I think all the various facets of Forest should be large graphical links on the front page, not just the ones that currently have their own domains. Cafe, hall, cave, darkroom, screen printing, balconies - all should be on there in equal footing. Fuck yeah, Martin. How about a facilities button, li...
by nix
Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:31 am
Forum: The Building
Topic: Proposal: 'International Branding' photo exhibition
Replies: 5
Views: 3027

Proposal: 'International Branding' photo exhibition

Here is a proposal for a photo exhibition for the landing space outside the Action Room 9 x (approx. A3) framed prints. Peter writes: ... and here are 2 examples from my exhibition, including captions. Each of the 10 pictures will be accompanied by a similar caption posted on a card next to the fram...
by nix
Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:09 am
Forum: Events
Topic: new bristohall poster comments?
Replies: 12
Views: 6852

Re: new bristohall poster comments?

Fucking Great!

could you add that we have Full Backline and DJ Equipment available..?

Yeah!
Go Elegance!
Go Cornelia!
by nix
Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:46 pm
Forum: Facilities
Topic: Sound Team Action Day!
Replies: 3
Views: 2352

Re: Sound Team Action Day!

Sound Team Action Day Report: 20/03/10 it was great! Owen was rocking the place with the multimeter and Sam was getting down with the soldering iron. Nick and Julie where busy busy sorting out the Sound Area in the Cafe. we did: ⋅ Investigate reports that "channel 1 is dodgy" le...
by nix
Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:46 pm
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: Download any FOREST image, pdf, mp3, LOGO from the site here
Replies: 10
Views: 10002

Re: Download any FOREST image, pdf, mp3, LOGO from the site here

I need the Image of the "line drawing Hall Graphic"... if anyone has it?

[milk]; ach, shit, hit edit instead of quote >_<
by nix
Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:50 pm
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: web meet-o-rama?
Replies: 46
Views: 22370

Re: web meet-o-rama?

sorrk im tierd, there was meant to be thin link in it. a dedicated workshops page that links from the static front page. Lukas (the EVS Workshops Coordinator) likes this one, but he wants to be able to click on each workshop and be able to see the image for it and read the description. \goodnight\
by nix
Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:46 pm
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: web meet-o-rama?
Replies: 46
Views: 22370

Re: web meet-o-rama?

Hello Web Heads, I probably won't make the meeting. good luck, have fun. After talking with the many Forest Project Bottomliners, there are some things they would like to see on a new site: a dedicated workshops page that links from the static front page. Lukas (the EVS Workshops Coordinator) likes ...
by nix
Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:03 pm
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: web meet-o-rama?
Replies: 46
Views: 22370

Re: web meet-o-rama?

Hello.

I am siting with Scoutt,

she says she will Faclitate. Friday from 2 till 4. she says make it snappy.

cool
by nix
Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:43 pm
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: web meet-o-rama?
Replies: 46
Views: 22370

Re: web meet-o-rama?

Possibly we could all have our way. fuck yeah chombee! I have a good friend Peter Gerard who, not only works with websites daily and has a good understanding of these things, has agreed to my suggestion that he facilitate this meeting. If you guys are up for doing it with a stranger? I'll ask him i...
by nix
Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:41 am
Forum: The Building
Topic: black out curtains for the hall!
Replies: 17
Views: 6901

Re: black out curtains for the hall!

by nix
Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:40 am
Forum: The Building
Topic: black out curtains for the hall!
Replies: 17
Views: 6901

Re: black out curtains for the hall!

by nix
Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:26 am
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Crafty room thurs 18th and sun 21
Replies: 1
Views: 1023

Re: Crafty room thurs 18th and sun 21

Oi! i hope that is right and loads of people will turn up to claim free stuff that will otherwise be thrown into the bin. easy... there is some junk in there and a lot of useful stuff that should not just get skipped. Please wait till Thursday top take stuff that's not yours or you didn't put there....
by nix
Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:04 am
Forum: Workshops
Topic: The Bike Cafe - proposal
Replies: 4
Views: 4302

Re: The Bike Cafe - proposal

This is so cool and has needed to happen for a while! Thanks for doing it!

I am on it with the tools. I will have them counted, boxed and ready by friday.
by nix
Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:01 am
Forum: The Building
Topic: black out curtains for the hall!
Replies: 17
Views: 6901

Re: black out curtains for the hall!

[url]cool, but what happened to the ones we bought 2 years ago? does anyone know???[/url] Yes. we cut corners. did them on the cheap and they where shit. We still have the material. Some of it is ripped. Some of it is now forming the Sound Enclosure that is there now. We need proper ones. Ones that ...
by nix
Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:43 am
Forum: Facilities
Topic: Action Room Clear Out Day!
Replies: 2
Views: 2666

Action Room Clear Out Day!

Hello active people.. There will be a Clear Out of the Action Room , on Sat 20th March, 12 - 5. Do you have stuff in the Action Room? Does your Project/Meeting use the space? Please come along and help Lukas put the room in order.. ... lets work together to make this space super-cool! thanks! Forest...
by nix
Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:30 am
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Action Working Group - 13/03/10
Replies: 3
Views: 4208

Re: Action Working Group - 13/03/10

here is the poster:ForestAction clear WEB.png
and the print version is attached.

thanks.
by nix
Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:56 am
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Action Working Group - 13/03/10
Replies: 3
Views: 4208

Action Working Group - 13/03/10

Present: Lukas, Milk, Nix, Mike, Kristina Apologies: Blue, Cornelia. Action Working Group Bottom Liner - Milk is stepping down from this role. Nix is Acting Action Bottom liner. AP - Nix to find a FWG member that wants to bottom line this WG. Action Room Coordinator - Milk is stepping down from this...
by nix
Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:07 am
Forum: Events
Topic: Paint Action Weekend - starts on Saturday 6th March
Replies: 3
Views: 2127

Re: Paint Action Weekend - starts on Saturday 6th March

UPDATE! Thanks so much to the people who showed up today. we got a lot done. :D but there is still more to do! Paint Action Days - Action List. for 14th March 10th - onwards... * the Green gloss out front. - use: "365 undercoat, primer" and then "365 wintergreen" topcoat. * the B...
by nix
Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:32 pm
Forum: Events
Topic: Action Working Group meet - Sat 13th (not Sun), 7pm
Replies: 3
Views: 1884

Re: Action Working Group meet - Sat 13th (not Sun), 7pm

GARDEN NEWS! : GARDEN NEWS! : GARDEN NEWS! : GARDEN NEWS! : GARDEN NEWS! : GARDEN NEWS! : GARDEN NEWS! :

Baloo (the Garden Bottom Liner) apologises that he will not be at this meeting... but .. there is a ...

Garden Meeting on Sunday @ 5

be there, have green fingers!

thanks!
by nix
Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:54 pm
Forum: Events
Topic: Paint Action Weekend - starts on Saturday 6th March
Replies: 3
Views: 2127

Re: Paint Action Weekend - starts on Saturday 6th March

Hay Ho!

who is coming to this weeks Paint Action Days? (sat & sun from 11)

we really need people, especially experienced painters/decorators..

Come on folks! Lets lift Forests face!

:D
by nix
Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:13 am
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Artists Facilities Meeting 3 March 10
Replies: 5
Views: 5767

Re: Artists Facilities Meeting 3 March 10

by nix
Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:07 pm
Forum: Events
Topic: Action Working Group meet - Sat 13th (not Sun), 7pm
Replies: 3
Views: 1884

Re: Action Working Group meet - Sat 13th (not Sun), 7pm

I did a wee poster...ForestAction130310WEB.png
by nix
Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:53 pm
Forum: Events
Topic: Action Working Group meet - Sat 13th (not Sun), 7pm
Replies: 3
Views: 1884

Re: Action Working Group meet - Sat 13th (not Sun), 7pm

more Agenda points:

- Garden Update and Budget

- Actionroom use.

- Community Outreach

- Critical Mass
by nix
Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:49 am
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: our website, so big and scrolly
Replies: 100
Views: 41929

Re: our website, so big and scrolly

I don't think we should advertise ourselves as chaotic! agreed. (says Mr. Chaos himself!) OK.. I think there could be a middle ground.. yeah, the Drupal site is a bit messy and long .. but I think this is a case of how it it used rather than the site itself . Yes, the Tumbler is shorter, neater and...
by nix
Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:53 pm
Forum: Kitchen
Topic: Cafe and events minutes 8th march 2010
Replies: 2
Views: 2379

Re: Cafe and events minutes 8th march 2010

Lets have beano meeting soon when? we will be redoing the toilets... When we re-do the toilets, we will be adding 4 new cubicles in what is now the screenprint room, and will not be knocking down walls or anything structualy radical. we will have the drawing within 2 weeks, then it takes a minimum ...
by nix
Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:41 pm
Forum: Facilities
Topic: Action Room Bookings
Replies: 2
Views: 2423

Action Room Bookings

Hello. if you want to book the Action Room for your meeting, workshop or whatever... Lukas (EVS) will be "Action Room Coordinator" contact him at: workshops / at / theforest. org. uk or 'thumoso' on the bb. Feel free to read the ActionRoom Booking Book in the cafe, but speak to Lukas befor...
by nix
Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:19 pm
Forum: Kitchen
Topic: cafe and events meeting change - next week
Replies: 4
Views: 3420

Re: cafe and events meeting change - next week

Jane, I agree that DJing and VJing are more than just pressing play on a tape. and I understand that t this is something they put time and effort and care into, and practice for, and do an awesome job of, and it's fun. I enjoyed the night and it was good. I feel that there could have been compromise...
by nix
Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:45 am
Forum: Kitchen
Topic: cafe and events meeting change - next week
Replies: 4
Views: 3420

Re: cafe and events meeting change - next week

I've got Agenda points. * Live Music vs DJ. - I feel strongly that we should encourage live music as much as possible. On Saturday night there was an opportunity for the Cafe to host a spontaneous gig by touring artists that where reported to be 'fucking excellent' but the guys organising the event ...
by nix
Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:16 am
Forum: Facilities
Topic: Sound Team Action Day!
Replies: 3
Views: 2352

Sound Team Action Day!

Hello..

on Saturday 20th March we will have Sound Team Action Day! from 11. in the Hall,

we will fix cables, test equipment and fix it, design the new multi-core and si]ound system lay out in the call.

came and join us!

Nix.

Go to advanced search