Search found 595 matches

by nix
Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:59 am
Forum: The Building
Topic: Proposal: Santiago González Sánchez
Replies: 0
Views: 1305

Proposal: Santiago González Sánchez

hi, here's santi. i attach some photographs about the style of the painting i want to do near the bathroom, just something expressive, materic, improvasing without any subliminal message. only something estetic. above all, im interested in experimenting the possibilities of the wall. thanks. and wi...
by nix
Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:08 am
Forum: Facilities
Topic: Dear Piano Repair Specialist
Replies: 4
Views: 2142

Re: Dear Piano Repair Specialist

Andrew Queen, came yesterday and repaired the piano in the hallway. it is still a semi-tone flat, but it is in tune with itself! yay!
He is a lovely man and only charged £50.

he will do the Babygrand at the end of the month when it finds its final resting place.

thanks.

N.
by nix
Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:27 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: black out curtains for the hall!
Replies: 17
Views: 5224

Re: black out curtains for the hall!

but yeah anyone who has contacts at the roxy should ask them


I have asked rupert, who says he must ask zoo venues, but he thinks they want it.

we should ask morven.
by nix
Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:38 pm
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: We could always ask Standard Life for another computer?
Replies: 14
Views: 5487

Re: We could always ask Standard Life for another computer?

It would only work if the boxes were boxed in

I always wanted to box them in with ply and attach the usb extensions.
I was told not to.
please tell me to and I will build boxes.
by nix
Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:44 pm
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: web site aims?
Replies: 12
Views: 6465

Re: web site aims?

My dream would be to change the theme of the blog every few months with a new one done by a new artist each time, like the murals.

like.
by nix
Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:42 am
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: We could always ask Standard Life for another computer?
Replies: 14
Views: 5487

Re: We could always ask Standard Life for another computer?

supply monitors, keyboard and mice etc.


err.. are you sure?

we have a lot of CRT Massive Bastard monitors and a few wee ones, but no USB keybords or mice. some PS/2 keyboards... a PS/2 mouse...
by nix
Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:36 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: Proposal installation front room
Replies: 7
Views: 2723

Re: Proposal installation front room

yah!

Great!

lets do it and have free porridge for the opening!
by nix
Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:38 am
Forum: Volunteering
Topic: ● List of Forest coordinators
Replies: 8
Views: 6554

Re: ● List of Forest coordinators

Updated version here:
Forest Coordinators July 2010b.ods
by nix
Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:29 am
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Cafe & Events meeting 1st July 2010
Replies: 12
Views: 7007

Re: Cafe & Events meeting 1st July 2010

nice mins. - BOOZE Stevie – have to think about SPACE especially for storing frozen stuff and booze. in the new toilet there will be a cleaning cupboard with sink. The Boiler enclosure can become a 'secure store room'. for booze and the like I will put a good lock on it. Stevie – maybe we need to or...
by nix
Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:56 am
Forum: Volunteering
Topic: ● Forest Vounteer Guide
Replies: 35
Views: 17171

Re: ● Forest Vounteer Guide

yay!
by nix
Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:44 am
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: We could always ask Standard Life for another computer?
Replies: 14
Views: 5487

Re: We could always ask Standard Life for another computer?

post the letter it sounds great!

here is a zip of letterheads and logos if you want any of that.
Forest Logos 10.zip
by nix
Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:38 pm
Forum: Volunteering
Topic: ● Forest Vounteer Guide
Replies: 35
Views: 17171

Re: ● Forest Vounteer Guide

if you change it, please save the text and make sure hannah has a copy.

er... no,
Hannah is leaving us on the 7th July,

please post any updated version here.

that would be more easy, no?

thanks.

lets do it!
by nix
Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:03 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: Proposal: Cherie
Replies: 9
Views: 2813

Re: Proposal: Cherie

Excited jiggles! Thanks for the reply, Nix. I'll be arriving in Edinburgh on 2 Aug, and staying for a month to enjoy the fringe. In between I'll head down to London/Glasgow for a spell. Looking forward very much to meeting everyone at Forest, Will probably paint something similar to what I've previ...
by nix
Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:42 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: Proposal: Cherie
Replies: 9
Views: 2813

Proposal: Cherie

Dear Forest Cafe, Greetings from Singapore! I'm Cherie, an illustrator who will be travelling to Edinburgh for a month this August, to soak up your famous Fringe Festival. I've heard tons of good things about your cafe from my friends in Edinburgh, and I've been following your tumblr! Would like to...
by nix
Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:05 am
Forum: Facilities
Topic: Dear Piano Repair Specialist
Replies: 4
Views: 2142

Re: Dear Piano Repair Specialist

Will someone organise the mail out?

or just a phone round?

please, this is urgent.
by nix
Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:02 am
Forum: Volunteering
Topic: ● Forest Vounteer Guide
Replies: 35
Views: 17171

Re: ● Forest Vounteer Guide

* bump *

would be lovely to get this printed soon..

anyone want to help?
by nix
Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:45 am
Forum: Events
Topic: Painting and Decorating: Action Day!
Replies: 5
Views: 2214

Re: Painting and Decorating: Action Day!

Thanks Stuart for your hard work and commitment to this mad project! Thanks. but it is not cool for folk to feel free to just turn up and have a go We have to be certain that they are happy and safe and that they have an idea about what they are up to. If anyone wants to volunteer for this task at a...
by nix
Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:31 pm
Forum: Volunteering
Topic: ● Forest Vounteer Guide
Replies: 35
Views: 17171

Re: ● Forest Vounteer Guide

Right then. here is a wee update I did to the guide. Forest Volunteer Guide 22 June 10.odt lets help Hannah and get this updated! Milky - what's the score with the wiki? I can't edit it. Stephen - can we sort out the text on page 9 RE: screen print? any more for any more? PLEASE LETS HAVE A SMASHING...
by nix
Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:55 pm
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: upgrading broadband
Replies: 32
Views: 11286

Re: upgrading broadband

do it!
by nix
Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:11 pm
Forum: Facilities
Topic: Dear Piano Repair Specialist
Replies: 4
Views: 2142

Dear Piano Repair Specialist

Hello People! We need to fix pianos, particularly the babygrand in the hall so that it can truly fulfil its potential, rather that cluttering up the corner of the room. I have written this letter to Email/Post out to people who might be able to help. Dear Piano Repair Specialist, we are a small, vol...
by nix
Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:50 am
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: IT Team - Action Room Action Day!
Replies: 5
Views: 2290

IT Team - Action Room Action Day!

Hello: After discussion with ChaoticMike, we decided to do a call out for help with the Action Room Computers. Please can we set a date/time for a consolidated effort to get at least two Linux machines running in there.? Can we get the Scanner set up so you can choose the destination as any of the c...
by nix
Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:43 am
Forum: Events
Topic: Painting and Decorating: Action Day!
Replies: 5
Views: 2214

Painting and Decorating: Action Day!

Dear Forest, I am sure it has not slipped your attention that you chose to have the woodwork at the front of the building stripped and sanded. It looks great! I salute you and Victor! It is a massive project! and there is loads more to do! WE NEED HELP! Aciton Days to get this done: Wed. 23rd. Thurs...
by nix
Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:21 am
Forum: The Building
Topic: Proposal: 'reflection/night light' photo exhibition
Replies: 4
Views: 1848

Re: Proposal: 'reflection/night light' photo exhibition

DSC_0200-20090821-2227.JPG

DSC_0080-20090217-2004.JPG
by nix
Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:17 am
Forum: The Building
Topic: Proposal: 'reflection/night light' photo exhibition
Replies: 4
Views: 1848

Proposal: 'reflection/night light' photo exhibition

Hi the FoH! I have a proposal for an exhibition of my photos on the space available on the stair case. My suggestion is to have around 20 photos mounted. I might do couple of collages (any suggestion is welcome!). I have attached some of the photos, please take a look at them. basically there is goi...
by nix
Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:09 am
Forum: The Building
Topic: FoH Postcard.
Replies: 37
Views: 10471

Re: FoH Postcard.

has anyone got the energy + skills to make this 'Print Ready' for the postcard?

please/thanks
by nix
Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:22 pm
Forum: Events
Topic: Fire Safety Training Party!
Replies: 12
Views: 4215

Re: Fire Safety Training Party!

I made a little sign up sheet but forgot to print it! numpty!
fire safety.odt
by nix
Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:39 am
Forum: Events
Topic: Fire Safety Training Party!
Replies: 12
Views: 4215

Fire Safety Training Party!

Hello People! OK.. Its that time of year where we have to do the Fire Safety Training. ALL STAFF AND VOLUNTEERS MUST ATTEND. It wont take long. Its won't be boring. We may run about the building imagining it on fire! the whole session will last approx 45mins.. THURS. 17th June 7pm, FRI, 18th June 7p...
by nix
Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:02 am
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: a place to stay
Replies: 2
Views: 615

Re: a place to stay

Hello, this is Nix, we spoke on the phone, I can offer you a few days camping in my garden, 18miles outside Edinburgh.

thanks.
by nix
Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:12 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: FoH Postcard.
Replies: 37
Views: 10471

Re: FoH Postcard.

Hiya... here is a temp. quick. flyer that Stephen, Cornelia, Lukas and me agreed on, just so that we would have something to hand out at degree shows, ect. I still hope we can do a supercool postcard soon . the originals are in "Your Art Here" folder on pink computer. thanks. Your-art-here...
by nix
Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:12 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: FoH Postcard.
Replies: 37
Views: 10471

Re: FoH Postcard.

Stephen wrote:It might also be good to have a small foh web presence


YES! YES!

this was a project for FoH for ages...

but now we have Noe, we can get this done soon soon.

PLEASE, PLEASE forward relevant pictures to foh @ theforest.

please.
by nix
Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:48 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: FoH Postcard.
Replies: 37
Views: 10471

Re: FoH Postcard.

I agree also..

but..

WHAT IS THE EXACT TEXT TO PUT ON THE POSTCARD?

its all concept, concept with us.. we need action!

someone write the text.

please.
by nix
Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:17 am
Forum: The Building
Topic: Proposal: New Caledonian Woodlands photo exhibition
Replies: 8
Views: 2251

Re: Proposal: New Caledonian Woodlands photo exhibition

Nice. the card was cheap and bought specificaly for that exhibition. I will get some more, probably black if thats OK, and stick (lightly) your photos to it. Oh, and I respect the fact that you have used such contriversal themes such as 'trees' and 'forests' and 'ecology' .. are you perchance a 'hip...
by nix
Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:55 am
Forum: The Building
Topic: Proposal: New Caledonian Woodlands photo exhibition
Replies: 8
Views: 2251

Re: Proposal: New Caledonian Woodlands photo exhibition

yes Swith,

nice pics...

so nice that I feel they are let down by the mounting.

would you be OK if I re-mounted them?

thanks!
by nix
Mon May 31, 2010 8:46 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: FoH Postcard.
Replies: 37
Views: 10471

Re: FoH Postcard.

OK.

what is the text then?
by nix
Mon May 31, 2010 8:43 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: Artists to make the forest fab for the fringe
Replies: 4
Views: 1581

Re: Artists to make the forest fab for the fringe

yup, nice..

get her in to do something!
by nix
Mon May 24, 2010 4:35 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: FoH Postcard.
Replies: 37
Views: 10471

Re: FoH Postcard.

What about people who exhibit in Total Kunst? Could be good to let all of them know the possibilities too, right? As far as I was aware, TK have always told artists that they should contact foh@theforest or speak to Nix/Kata/Cornelia if they want to do art in Forest, outwith the galery. Hay, VAWG.....
by nix
Sun May 23, 2010 11:27 am
Forum: The Building
Topic: FoH Postcard.
Replies: 37
Views: 10471

Re: FoH Postcard.

I very much would like to move away from the "anyone can paint / we're all artists" shite. Yes! It is so patronising! yes that is patronising - I have never said that anyone can paint. But I do believe that keeping an open mind and looking at each proposal on its merits is the way forward...
by nix
Sun May 23, 2010 10:41 am
Forum: Events
Topic: meadows fest
Replies: 33
Views: 8453

Re: meadows fest

I designed a poster when I was away, will post it, is it possible we can use this for the stage? where is it? we can still print it and get it up! I am sure it is cooler then my one. I know this is my fault as I was supposed to sort out the poster and then swanned off to greece, well... I don't thi...
by nix
Sun May 23, 2010 10:34 am
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Jay is missing
Replies: 4
Views: 1767

Re: Jay is missing

I spoke to Fudge, he has no idea.

I last saw him at Knock in sept. he seemed fine. he said he was spending a lot of time up north.

The number he gave me does not work any more.
by nix
Wed May 19, 2010 8:26 am
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: needed: Lazer Printer
Replies: 1
Views: 722

needed: Lazer Printer

Heko!

we need a B&W Lazer Printer for the Zine Workshop at Knochengorroch ..

can anyone help?

thanks!

N.
by nix
Tue May 18, 2010 11:56 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: FoH Postcard.
Replies: 37
Views: 10471

FoH Postcard.

Hello: So, it has been a FoH project for a long time to make an eye catching postcard that can be sent out to the kind of places the Artists we are looking for hang out, and get more folk interested in putting their art in our space, Kata has a design (she will post it here soon) I feel this is some...
by nix
Tue May 18, 2010 12:14 am
Forum: Events
Topic: Volunteer Action: Painting and Cleaning on Monday morning
Replies: 1
Views: 1156

Re: Volunteer Action: Painting and Cleaning on Monday morning

Massive thanks to Lukas, Cornelia & Alex who put in some elbow grease on monday. We will be meeting everyday this week to have a big push at scraping, sanding and varnishing the woodwork at the front of the building. TUESDAY 18th - 08:30 - 4 WEDNESDAY 19th - 08:30 - 4 THURSDAY 20th - 08:30 - 4 F...
by nix
Mon May 17, 2010 2:06 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: new proposal for a mural
Replies: 19
Views: 5124

Re: new proposal for a mural

Wait a min... I thought that the mural spaces in the Bacement where to be allocated by the FoH Group? and the 'Primo' ones by C&E WG? No? Anyway -- someone make a poster. this is an Action Point that Kata took on. We are printing a postcard to send out to orgs. and artists places, colleges, ECA....
by nix
Sun May 16, 2010 10:38 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: new proposal for a mural
Replies: 19
Views: 5124

Re: new proposal for a mural

OK.

we will tell the artist.
by nix
Sun May 16, 2010 2:53 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: new proposal for a mural
Replies: 19
Views: 5124

Re: new proposal for a mural

be cool to start by going over the rubbish murals, and leaving the good/ok ones.?? The point is that, as usual, it is tricky to get artists interested in doing murals. there is a knock on effect.. when one person starts, others will follow. all the murals in the basement are due for renewal. All of...
by nix
Sat May 15, 2010 6:43 pm
Forum: Events
Topic: meadows fest
Replies: 33
Views: 8453

Re: meadows fest

we need beer / cups.

Who is on this?

pa

I am on this.

bands bands bands.

Line-up done.
who will stage manage and look after the bands?

t
by nix
Sat May 15, 2010 6:05 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Giant Marble Run
Replies: 45
Views: 15539

Re: Giant Marble Run

yes yes.

Or a bit more would also let us buy basic useful stuff for people to build bits of marble run out of at a workshop

and a workshop would be fantastic!
by nix
Sat May 15, 2010 5:54 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: new proposal for a mural
Replies: 19
Views: 5124

Re: new proposal for a mural

Alex is confirmed for the wall on the stairs. he says he will start soon. This artist looks as if she is competent, and Kata says she is keen and enthusiastic. It was decided by the FoH Group a long while ago that the murals on the basement walls needed changing soon, as there has been little change...
by nix
Sat May 15, 2010 2:32 pm
Forum: Events
Topic: meadows fest
Replies: 33
Views: 8453

Re: meadows fest

here is poster.
thanks.
forestmeadows2010.png
by nix
Tue May 11, 2010 12:06 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: Proposal: New Caledonian Woodlands photo exhibition
Replies: 8
Views: 2251

Re: Proposal: New Caledonian Woodlands photo exhibition

Yes and Yes again Swithun! Nice proposal. there are 11 frames of that type. there are 2 more similar big ones that are double the size.. and quite a lot of A2, A3 and A4 clipframes. (I will count them today) Please get you prints printing ASAP! Lest make this happen! I will be meeting with Peter Ger...

Go to advanced search