Search found 95 matches

by cornelia
Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:43 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: black out curtains for the hall!
Replies: 17
Views: 7196

Re: black out curtains for the hall!

who is morven and where to find her?

its getting REALLy urgent now to find some curtains, and still I havnt heard from any of the companies Ive asked :S
by cornelia
Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:15 am
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: anyone who wants to do workshops during our fundraiser?
Replies: 0
Views: 968

anyone who wants to do workshops during our fundraiser?

As you might have heard (or not) we will have a fundraiser together with the big red door on the last saturday of july. There will be costumes, music, games and lot of other things going on. We are also looking for people who wants to do one or two hour workshops in the meadows during the fundrasier...
by cornelia
Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:43 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: black out curtains for the hall!
Replies: 17
Views: 7196

Re: black out curtains for the hall!

I've been asking around among a few theatres, but it could be worth to make another phone round
but yeah anyone who has contacts at the roxy should ask them
time is running out so we should make the decision soon!
by cornelia
Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:12 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: black out curtains for the hall!
Replies: 17
Views: 7196

Re: black out curtains for the hall!

here is a quote that i got from black lights, not too cheap :S £ 1,700 for new curtains + setting them up Please find attached a quotation for your perusal for the drapes as requested. Please let me know how you find this. The tracking we would suggest would be Unirail, this costs £24 per metre, plu...
by cornelia
Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:43 am
Forum: The Building
Topic: Proposal installation front room
Replies: 7
Views: 3763

Re: Proposal installation front room

Date decided, she's coming in on the 26th!
by cornelia
Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:31 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: lamp shades, light fixtures, make them pretty before august?
Replies: 1
Views: 1682

Re: lamp shades, light fixtures, make them pretty before august?

Think we should def do that! needs to look nice for august, see if we can come up with some new nice ideas and then have a action day to do them!
by cornelia
Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:27 am
Forum: The Building
Topic: Proposal installation front room
Replies: 7
Views: 3763

Proposal installation front room

We met Katy Thompson at the degree show. We really liked her stuff and asked her to come and do something for the fringe. So here is her proposal for the front room back wall: Proposal for the ‘Old Hat Books’ area of the Forest Café. I propose to make an installation of curiosity-type boxes and book...
by cornelia
Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:54 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: proposal for the cupboard outside sip and snip
Replies: 2
Views: 2262

proposal for the cupboard outside sip and snip

a spanish girl just graduated from eca called irene servillo wants to come and paint the cupboard outside sip and snip.
'I'll attach two pics of what she wants to do. And to come or not. i really like it though

cheers
by cornelia
Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:59 pm
Forum: Kitchen
Topic: alcohol license training poster
Replies: 0
Views: 2078

alcohol license training poster

here's the poster for the alcohol license trainging if anyone would need it.
I already printed it and have it ready for when the first date it decided
by cornelia
Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:14 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: photos&stories for 10th anniversary exhibition july
Replies: 2
Views: 3794

Re: photos&stories for 10th anniversary exhibition july

I've been sending out a message to quite a few asking for old photos but also stories and memories that they have of the forests 10 year old long life Good idea thinking about other objects that could also be included in the exhibition had an idea of a guest book as well where the forest people can ...
by cornelia
Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:41 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: needed. photos&stories for 10th anniversary exhibition july
Replies: 1
Views: 1012

needed. photos&stories for 10th anniversary exhibition july

Hey dear forest people! As you might know the forest is turning 10(!) years this August And we thought it would be a nice idea to show those ten years in pictures and stories So if you have some photos/films hiding on your computer or in some drawer of the forest please send them to foh@theforest.or...
by cornelia
Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:54 am
Forum: The Building
Topic: Artists to make the forest fab for the fringe
Replies: 4
Views: 2163

Re: Artists to make the forest fab for the fringe

yup glad that you like it! waiting for her reply just now about when she is free to step by the cafe and have a wee look!
by cornelia
Thu May 27, 2010 9:16 am
Forum: Events
Topic: meadows fest
Replies: 33
Views: 11538

Re: meadows fest

wow jane,i love the poster! lets post them as soon as foxgang confirmed!
by cornelia
Wed May 26, 2010 11:41 am
Forum: The Building
Topic: Artists to make the forest fab for the fringe
Replies: 4
Views: 2163

Artists to make the forest fab for the fringe

I've been in contact with the artist Jen Grant ( http://www.jen-grant.blogspot.com ) and asked her if she was up to doing some kind of installation for us for the fringe. I like the stuff she's been doing, but it would be nicem to hear some other opinions and also what space she could use so, tell m...
by cornelia
Mon May 24, 2010 9:14 am
Forum: The Building
Topic: FoH Postcard.
Replies: 37
Views: 14979

Re: FoH Postcard.

really like the art degree sow idea too, and as stephen says, it might be easier to approach the people whos art we like instead of just waiting for the proposals to come to us if we want our walls nice before the fringe and the 10th anniversary, I'll ask Kata today to put up the postcard design on ...
by cornelia
Wed May 19, 2010 12:56 am
Forum: Events
Topic: meadows fest
Replies: 33
Views: 11538

Re: meadows fest

7 it is! see you all then!
by cornelia
Sun May 16, 2010 9:32 am
Forum: Events
Topic: meadows fest
Replies: 33
Views: 11538

Re: meadows fest

nice nice nice nix! well done, I'll print a few and put up on monday.
meeting on friday sounds good about the workshops and market, who knows who needs to pbe contacted and attending at the meeting?
by cornelia
Fri May 07, 2010 2:49 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: clean me! xx/mail cabinet
Replies: 5
Views: 3402

Re: clean me! xx/mail cabinet

thanks all of you, will do as you say! mostly old ads i wanted to get rid of and unused pigeon holes.

xx
by cornelia
Fri May 07, 2010 2:13 pm
Forum: Events
Topic: meadows fest
Replies: 33
Views: 11538

Re: meadows fest

hey, before jane left, me, her, catalina and ed from ten tracks had a meeting. almost all the bands have been booked, there is a rota for the vollies working during those days in the kitchen once all the bands have been booked the poster will be made, think that ed knew who. Will + more workshop peo...
by cornelia
Thu May 06, 2010 5:08 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Artist Facilities Working Group meeting 5th May '10
Replies: 7
Views: 6207

Re: Artist Facilities Working Group meeting 5th May '10

the painting will take place on saturday morning, I've booked the hall for a few hours to do this.
the blackout curtains project is on its way, I'm collecting the phone numbers this week and hopefully call them too berfore i leave on saturday evening

//
by cornelia
Mon May 03, 2010 8:26 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: different guide to edinburgh
Replies: 2
Views: 2265

different guide to edinburgh

tired of all the tourist maps of edinburgh? we will start to make the first emotional map of edinburgh. Instead of pointing out all the normal attractions we will mark out places that people have special relation to either a memory or an emotion e.g where they got their first kiss, broke their legs,...
by cornelia
Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:17 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: clean me! xx/mail cabinet
Replies: 5
Views: 3402

clean me! xx/mail cabinet

Everyone, the mail cabinet out by the staircase is begging for cleaning, the week after the fundraiser I'll probably start the cleaning on the monday or tuesday, loads of it is just ads and not of any use, so have a look if you got anything lying around, i won't throw anything important away though,...
by cornelia
Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:10 pm
Forum: Workshops
Topic: first posters produced!
Replies: 0
Views: 2780

first posters produced!

Loesje Edinburgh has finally produced the first posters
next thursday the 24th of april we gonna start on the april series posters
this time we will focus on edinburgh and make the posters more local
hope you'll show up! the time is 5-8!
by cornelia
Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:54 pm
Forum: Events
Topic: new bristohall poster comments?
Replies: 12
Views: 7123

Re: new bristohall poster comments?

cheers guys!

i mill make the changes and try to make it high rez!

hejdå
by cornelia
Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:25 pm
Forum: Events
Topic: new bristohall poster comments?
Replies: 12
Views: 7123

new bristohall poster comments?

hey i thought it was time to make a new poster to promote the hall and that it is for hire
tell me what you think, whats missing and what shouldn't be there?


cheers

cornelia
by cornelia
Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:29 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: black out curtains for the hall!
Replies: 17
Views: 7196

black out curtains for the hall!

The hall needs new blackout curtains as soon as possible and i was wondering if anyone is up for finding a company who can make them for us and also maybe apply for some grants so we can afford them If anyone is up for taking this as a small project that would great! here are the measures that gando...
by cornelia
Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:53 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Artists Facilities Meeting 3 March 10
Replies: 5
Views: 6033

Re: Artists Facilities Meeting 3 March 10

About the black out curtains, is there anyone who is up for ? good at finding grants for the costs of the curtains aswell as a good and cheap place to make them?

would be great if someone hade some nice advice or was up for doing it

cheers
cornelia
by cornelia
Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:57 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: other cool foresty organisations
Replies: 84
Views: 94377

Re: other cool foresty organisations

hey where i am right now in graz, at spektral, is a really nice organization a bit similar to the forest!
check it at: http://www.lab.tt4.at/
its in german, but still quite nice and maybe some of you understand it anyway!

//corny
by cornelia
Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:41 pm
Forum: Events
Topic: Loesje Exchange in berlin 8th-15th of may
Replies: 0
Views: 1077

Loesje Exchange in berlin 8th-15th of may

Hi everyone, On the behalf of loejse im putting this in the bb for anyone who would be interested, just det back to me if you like more info or something like that here is what it is about: There will be participants from 7 countries (Turkey, Macedonia, Scotland, Armenia, Spain, Sweden and Germany),...
by cornelia
Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:03 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: exhibiting artists- February
Replies: 2
Views: 2106

Re: exhibiting artists- February

Sounds great! I also went to the collective gallery today for the fanzine sunday, i then heard that you were to speak there later on, i missed it though. I was thinking that those sundays might be a nice way to find artists who are willing to show their art in the forest, either paint a mural/table ...
by cornelia
Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:10 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: FoH action day saturday 30th of jan new time!
Replies: 0
Views: 1290

FoH action day saturday 30th of jan new time!

Hi this saturday the actiopn day won't start until 2 pm. so dont show up at 11. or of course you can show up but since old hats and books meeting starts at 2 we thought that it would be a good idea to start our meeting at the same time

see you saturday people, and bring your creativity!
by cornelia
Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:13 pm
Forum: Workshops
Topic: Loesje 2010
Replies: 3
Views: 4176

Loesje 2010

Loejse is back in edinburgh again! to decorate the steet with our posters and spreading the creativity! first text writing session will be on sunday the 7th of february up in the action room! curious or already know what loesje do and who she is? come by and join in! check the website http://www.loe...
by cornelia
Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:40 am
Forum: The Building
Topic: Old Hat Books front room suggestion/request
Replies: 2
Views: 1937

Re: Old Hat Books front room suggestion/request

Hi celia! i don't think moving a table and the books back in the cafe would be a problem, maybe the next action day on the 30th we coulkd clean out the books and make room for your trunk, but since me and kata are around more or less every day we can do it earlier aswell. I'll catch one of you guys ...
by cornelia
Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:08 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: table make up! send in your suggestions
Replies: 0
Views: 1210

table make up! send in your suggestions

Put your coffee down it's time to make the forest look fab! we have at least 5 tables thats need to be repainted/redecorated whatever and we need your suggestions! Send in your design/artwork to kocka12@msn.com and we will come back to you! the tables are either round or rectangular, if you want to ...
by cornelia
Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:53 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: Bimonthly actionday meeting starting 16th of january
Replies: 3
Views: 2332

Re: Bimonthly actionday meeting starting 16th of january

great, just registered, my username is cornelia!

cheers
by cornelia
Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:49 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: lets grow stuff!
Replies: 6
Views: 3534

Re: lets grow stuff!

sadly enough i missed the tree planting this saturday, hope it went really well!
i've sent a message to blu, is there any of the meetings that you usually attend to?

ciao ciao//cornelia
by cornelia
Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:45 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Tree for Ellie at Forest
Replies: 26
Views: 9170

Re: Tree for Ellie at Forest

Hellu cornelia, let me know when you decide to plant the tree, since im really up for gettin involved in the garden this would be a really nice occasion

//Cornelia
by cornelia
Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:07 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: Bimonthly actionday meeting starting 16th of january
Replies: 3
Views: 2332

Bimonthly actionday meeting starting 16th of january

Hi front of House has decided to have a action day at 11 o clock and onwards for a few others so that people who wants to get involved in this group easily can join in and do creative stuff making the forest to look nicer. On this first meeting on the 16th the plan is to redecorate some of our table...
by cornelia
Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:03 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: A history of The Forest
Replies: 4
Views: 2230

Re: A history of The Forest

hej we in front of house group are planning on an exhibition on the 10th anniversary of the forest and will soon start to collect stories, pictures and other memories to gather it all and show it to the public. what do you say?
by cornelia
Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:08 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Agendas for VAWG meetings 2009/2010
Replies: 43
Views: 24640

Re: Agendas for VAWG meetings 2009/2010

Hi, we in Front of house have been talking about the 10th anniversary, talked today with a woman from the gallery and I was told that i should show up on the meeting 27th to talk a wee bit about it.
thats all from me, see you at the meeting
by cornelia
Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:34 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Agendas for VAWG meetings 2009/2010
Replies: 43
Views: 24640

10 years of forest history in a exhibition?

hello everyone, in the front of house group we've been talking about collecting peoples pictures and memories in different forms during the 10 years of the forests existance. and making a nice exhibition out of it sometime during the year? do you like this idea or are you already planning something ...
by cornelia
Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:48 pm
Forum: Workshops
Topic: Loesje Text Writing Workshop
Replies: 6
Views: 4875

Loesje is back!

I know since before that loesje has exsisted in edinburgh and at the forest before, and now as the new evs i'd like to revive the group. So within the next month im plannin on havin the first meeting and hopefully also the first workshop!

more info soon!
by cornelia
Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:00 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: lets grow stuff!
Replies: 6
Views: 3534

lets grow stuff!

Well right now the snow lies thick in our back yard but, once it starts to get a bit warmer i was plannig on startinmg up ( or maybe it already exists) a garden group for growing some stuff for our kitchen in our back yard, a lot of herbs and bigger stuff too if there is space for it anyone interest...
by cornelia
Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:28 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Volunteer Party - Friday January 8th
Replies: 3
Views: 1628

just saying hi!

hello, cornelia here, im the new evs:er and well, just thought fridays volunteer party is the perfect occasion to meet you all. hope to see you there, if not, i'll probably be around the forest anyway, just shout my name!

Go to advanced search