Search found 1129 matches

by Shannon
Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:52 am
Forum: Minutes
Topic: action working group meat-in Sun 13/7 mins
Replies: 30
Views: 11568

All volunteers are shown fire extinguishers, alarms and fire exits on their first shift in the kitchen. They are told that fire exits should be kept clear at all times.
by Shannon
Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:30 pm
Forum: Facilities
Topic: lets start!
Replies: 10
Views: 5817

Yes...it would be really cool if it was up and running for the zine fair this weekend...
by Shannon
Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:24 pm
Forum: Kitchen
Topic: Menu change suggestions
Replies: 4
Views: 2934

Okay, it's the 22nd of July. There should be a meeting tonight at 7.30pm. I hope you've all been doing your research and are bringing along ideas...
by Shannon
Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:16 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: job left unfinished...
Replies: 7
Views: 4265

Definitely. They can go downstairs in the workshop if you want to drop them by.
by Shannon
Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:13 pm
Forum: Events
Topic: AUGUST EVENTS SCHEDULE
Replies: 5
Views: 2739

Monday the 4th?
by Shannon
Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:13 pm
Forum: Events
Topic: AUGUST EVENTS SCHEDULE
Replies: 5
Views: 2739

AUGUST EVENTS SCHEDULE

A copy will be up on the wall in the action room by the end of today. Don't add something on and think it's confirmed. Bookings should go through Xabina, as of the end of this week. I can help until Friday. There are some big gaps at the beginning of the month. Nothing is scheduled for Sunday the 3r...
by Shannon
Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:23 pm
Forum: Events
Topic: beginning of September
Replies: 0
Views: 1283

beginning of September

Are we open? I have someone requesting an event between the 29 Aug-3rd September. Can I give him a date?
by Shannon
Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:20 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: upstairs landing
Replies: 3
Views: 3260

Sounds great, Charlotte.
by Shannon
Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:54 am
Forum: Workshops
Topic: Healing Skill Sharing Workshop
Replies: 2
Views: 2272

Poster won't open for me, but sounds good.
by Shannon
Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:51 am
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Big (25 litre or more) plastic containers - where?
Replies: 2
Views: 1215

Camping shop? Army shop.
by Shannon
Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:50 am
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Behind the scenes meeting Thursday 17 July
Replies: 13
Views: 5922

As Gareth pointed out, first we need some candidates to choose from. Tell all your (good) friends...
by Shannon
Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:48 am
Forum: Minutes
Topic: action working group meat-in Sun 13/7 mins
Replies: 30
Views: 11568

Because it should be pretty obvious that you shouldn't lock your bike inside, in a fire exit?
by Shannon
Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:30 am
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: tate modern uses the forest as inspiration for a new space
Replies: 14
Views: 3700

I think we should seriously consider rebuilding a bar. It won't be that one, but Chris said yesterday that it shouldn't be too difficult. Anything would look better than that fridge. Do we really need a display? We could keep cakes in the covered trays which they used to be stored in. Maybe there wo...
by Shannon
Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:27 am
Forum: The Building
Topic: Projector not working properly
Replies: 11
Views: 5098

Apparently the spare is being used for the show in the gallery.
by Shannon
Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:22 am
Forum: The Building
Topic: job left unfinished...
Replies: 7
Views: 4265

Good idea. Dan says you can often ask at paint shops for remainders as well. But someone would have to go around and ask...
by Shannon
Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:49 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: job left unfinished...
Replies: 7
Views: 4265

Yes, I think it's cool for Charlotte and Emi to get going upstairs. However, there isn't much of a budget for paint right now. Also, Deborah who is doing theatre stuff would like to have a bit of input as she is hoping that everything will tie together in some way. Also, the clowns are already on th...
by Shannon
Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:28 pm
Forum: Make/Sell
Topic: Edinburgh Zine Fair
Replies: 70
Views: 25572

Okay, I have booked the Cave for most of the day on Saturday to show films. But Nix tells me that the extra projector will be in use in the gallery... I was going to ask Dan to borrow his, but he is probably on his way to Ireland by now. Any ideas? Can anyone get the films we need or at least tell w...
by Shannon
Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:24 pm
Forum: Facilities
Topic: decks and dj mixer
Replies: 19
Views: 9445

There is money for equipment. There isn't money for events. If we spend £200 there is £138 left. This goes up to £218 at the beginning of August. Do not expect to be reimbursed without a receipt - please. Otherwise, get Ryan or someone to cut a cheque when you know the total. We need receipts...
by Shannon
Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:17 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Help Please - Forest Hall
Replies: 8
Views: 2493

There isn't much to know about the hall at this point. July is almost over and then it's all booked out in August by us. But, I think Xabina and I will go over it tomorrow morning, so if you'd like to know more that's the time to come.
by Shannon
Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:15 pm
Forum: Events
Topic: IK:Toms / Folkadot
Replies: 1
Views: 1536

I think there is still money in the travel budget and would be good for them to get it.
by Shannon
Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:12 pm
Forum: Workshops
Topic: Stencil workshop?
Replies: 3
Views: 2623

Get in touch with Nix, I think.
by Shannon
Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:54 am
Forum: The Building
Topic: job left unfinished...
Replies: 7
Views: 4265

job left unfinished...

There are a lot of things that didn't get finished after the cafe revamp. The pillar is a mess and there are handprints by one of the shutters. Tables still need to be cleaned up and prepped to be redone by artists and I believe Cyrielle was going to recover chairs. Also, I think we still need new l...
by Shannon
Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:50 am
Forum: Events
Topic: 88888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888
Replies: 34
Views: 10017

You need to put a cap on travel. This is already a very expensive party. £100 absolute max, preferably less (in my opinion).
by Shannon
Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:44 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Behind the scenes meeting Thursday 17 July
Replies: 13
Views: 5922

I don't think they should automatically get the money out of the events budget. Let's look what's there and see who else wants it.
by Shannon
Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:38 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: artoscopic experiment - open submissions
Replies: 0
Views: 930

artoscopic experiment - open submissions

"artoscopic experiment" <artoscopic> The Artoscopic Experiment is back open submissions 7-9pm (for 2 hours only) 22nd august St Leonards railway tunnel (innocents railway) (Calling all artists or anyone with creative intent) the space is St Leonards railway tunnel in edinburgh it is aprox ...
by Shannon
Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:37 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Help Please - Forest Hall
Replies: 8
Views: 2493

Some roles aren't easily turned over for long periods of time. I am going to show Xabina events and hall stuff next week. It might be good to show someone else at the same time. Send this dude an email, I think, but haven't heard back. If he's reading he should email info@theforest.org.uk to get in ...
by Shannon
Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:33 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Wanted: Aristocrats Jokes - DO NOT READ IF EASILY OFFENDED
Replies: 4
Views: 1824

I didn't hate the film, but I was disappointed. I was looking forward to it but found it quite boring...
by Shannon
Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:30 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: tate modern uses the forest as inspiration for a new space
Replies: 14
Views: 3700

We look really good in that photo! Whatever happened to that bar? It makes me want to cream.
by Shannon
Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:09 am
Forum: Minutes
Topic: action working group meat-in Sun 13/7 mins
Replies: 30
Views: 11568

Let's not forget that bikes were not ever meant to be permanent loans. In regards to compost: I started it up again more than two years ago after a long period of dormancy (due to substantial health and safety issues). No working group system existed. The committee only agreed on the basis that I wo...
by Shannon
Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:54 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: new gallery info request
Replies: 0
Views: 1925

new gallery info request

PM me for the email address. Maybe this requires general Forest finance as well? Anyone want to help them? Hi, Amanda Dobbratz, the former Student Council president at GSA, gave me your addresses. She and I have been working together to start a street-level, public gallery space dedicated to GSA stu...
by Shannon
Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:43 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Help Please - Forest Hall
Replies: 8
Views: 2493

Me. I've been on vacation with limited email access. I will be catching up tomorrow on the train.
by Shannon
Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:50 am
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: sarah foque - installation in cafe
Replies: 11
Views: 3452

Looks great - do it!!
by Shannon
Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:46 pm
Forum: Kitchen
Topic: Freezer
Replies: 3
Views: 2966

We don't need another freezer. If space is at a premium, keep some pitta and wraps in the walk-in fridge. Also, there is bread in the freezer right now. If people would adjust the bread order as needed we could free up that space too.
by Shannon
Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:26 am
Forum: Events
Topic: august events book
Replies: 13
Views: 4612

i'm not sure a fancy book is needed. we don't let them fill stuff out themselves. extra sheets with space for contact details and descriptions are probably enough, with a mini calendar for the events coordinator(s).
by Shannon
Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:40 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Star & Shadow - building festival 2-10 August, Newcastle
Replies: 0
Views: 750

Star & Shadow - building festival 2-10 August, Newcastle

DEAR FRIENDS > > In the lead up to the Great Depression in the late 1920's, the Carter > Family sung a classic folk spiritual "I'm working on a building." > To celebrate approximately the 80th birthday of that song*, > p-p-p-poignantly p-p-p-poised as we are with the prices of fuel and ric...
by Shannon
Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:44 pm
Forum: Make/Sell
Topic: Edinburgh Zine Fair
Replies: 70
Views: 25572

Cool, we're on it, so it can be put on the promo. Looks like Billy Liar and White Heath will be playing, as well as many still-to-be-determined great things. It looks like I'm going to get a bunch of Crimethinc stuff but someone will have to run the stall. I'm trying to convince Harry, but if not, i...
by Shannon
Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:16 pm
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: Videos on Website
Replies: 9
Views: 4579

Can we embed on the site without that shitty Youtube logo?
by Shannon
Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:35 pm
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: Videos on Website
Replies: 9
Views: 4579

Nix also did a cool video of the monster bike workshop:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Yr_8-iI0-E
by Shannon
Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:32 pm
Forum: Facilities
Topic: Cave user list... problems
Replies: 1
Views: 2352

He has been in regularly to update it. That is all I know.
by Shannon
Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:31 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: visual art meeting 7pm thurdays 26th
Replies: 5
Views: 3028

There is lots of money in your annual budget. Cafe and events (which foh falls under) will get spent on the 8th bday and Happening so there isn't really anything left. Is it okay to take the £20 from your annual?
by Shannon
Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:16 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: may to august booking slots
Replies: 98
Views: 31256

What is it that will be happening in the cafe? Are you wanting the orange wall? There will be a mural on it by August...
by Shannon
Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:59 am
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: Goodbye Windows..hello Ubuntu
Replies: 16
Views: 6089

Another satisfied customer.
by Shannon
Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:57 am
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Artists facilties 3rd July
Replies: 13
Views: 5798

Regarding the speakers: I think Chris was going to sort them out. Nix - maybe get in touch with him??
by Shannon
Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:55 am
Forum: Facilities
Topic: Drama Group - Sat 16th & Sun 17th Aug 9pm
Replies: 1
Views: 2472

Get in touch with Nix, Yasmin, Fudge... The group is a bit wobbly right now as I understand it.
by Shannon
Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:53 am
Forum: Make/Sell
Topic: Edinburgh Zine Fair
Replies: 70
Views: 25572

For an evening event: I am leaving town the next day and Alex and I have been talking Genderfuck/Drag Disco Soiree as a farewell. I've gotten nowhere with planning a gig for the zine fair (I don't really have time to track down bands, etc), so this could be advertised instead as the evening event?
by Shannon
Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:26 am
Forum: Kitchen
Topic: Closing Up Checklist
Replies: 4
Views: 3194

Tanks? There are more checklists in the volunteer drawer. Is there a hardcopy? Where?
by Shannon
Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:53 pm
Forum: Volunteering
Topic: night manager letter
Replies: 15
Views: 11167

I have printed more NM letters. They are in the safe in the kitchen.
by Shannon
Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:32 am
Forum: Kitchen
Topic: keg party poster
Replies: 2
Views: 2778

Nice. New EVS vollies arrive today so we're going to have dinner beforehand too. Cafe will close at 7pm so we can eat and be civil before the madness begins. It would be good if you could pm me if you're planning on coming for food so I have a rough idea of how many to cook for.
by Shannon
Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:26 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: social centre in glasgow?
Replies: 10
Views: 2880

Don't know. They were pretty there a couple months ago, but the building is council owned so you never know...
by Shannon
Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:25 pm
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: desktops in action room
Replies: 13
Views: 5720

It's a good idea G, but it's hard to get people to actually do it! (Myself included.)

Go to advanced search