Search found 546 matches

by simone
Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:07 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: call out for new members of visual arts working group
Replies: 0
Views: 771

call out for new members of visual arts working group

hello we are looking for new people to help to run the gallery at the forest 'totalkunst'. we have meetings on the last thursday of the month, the next meeting is on 30th september in the action room. running the gallery is a great way to meet artists, both locally and internationally, get an idea o...
by simone
Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:06 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: call out for new members of visual arts working group
Replies: 0
Views: 2026

call out for new members of visual arts working group

hello we are looking for new people to help to run the gallery at the forest 'totalkunst'. we have meetings on the last thursday of the month, the next meeting is on 30th september in the action room. running the gallery is a great way to meet artists, both locally and internationally, get an idea o...
by simone
Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:26 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: tk festival 2010 (tkx)
Replies: 44
Views: 14130

Re: tk festival 2010 (tkx)

aha
i tend to call them boxes!
by simone
Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:40 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: tk festival 2010 (tkx)
Replies: 44
Views: 14130

Re: tk festival 2010 (tkx)

i think so as we have spent very little on the festival overall
what are the bags for?
by simone
Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:54 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Agendas for VAWG meetings 2009/2010
Replies: 43
Views: 16614

Re: Agendas for VAWG meetings 2009/2010

August meeting falls on art late, so we could have meeting at 6pm and then continue with art late. if new people come to the meeting then they will see us in gallery.

anything to discuss?

September meeting : Mirja said she had some things to talk about.

see you there
by simone
Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:48 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: somewhere for an artist to stay
Replies: 4
Views: 1588

Re: somewhere for an artist to stay

thank you chris, i will let him know.
i'll pass on your e mail address to him x x x big hug
by simone
Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:46 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: vandalism in the gallery
Replies: 14
Views: 3273

Re: vandalism in the gallery

sorry to hear that mirja. there were two blinds on the doors, if they need replacing i got them from the bargain stores on south clerk st. they were about £11 each. the blinds need to be closed on busy nights , esp weekend nights at about 8pm during the festival. if night managers are busy then anyo...
by simone
Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:27 am
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: somewhere for an artist to stay
Replies: 4
Views: 1588

Re: somewhere for an artist to stay

bump

any ideas anyone?
by simone
Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:42 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: tk festival 2010 (tkx)
Replies: 44
Views: 14130

Re: tk festival 2010 (tkx)

all good
by simone
Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:17 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: The Gallery Calendar
Replies: 128
Views: 51347

Re: The Gallery Calendar

jane murray has confirmed tk44
by simone
Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:48 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Agendas for VAWG meetings 2009/2010
Replies: 43
Views: 16614

Re: Agendas for VAWG meetings 2009/2010

JULY MEETING 2010 this meeting will be to discuss TK50 in May next year. we would like to do something special. maybe a group show. mirja would like to talk about the possibility of doing a book for the gallery, 50 pages?! as mirja, and others, will not be at meeting maybe we should change the date ...
by simone
Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:44 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: action weekend 10-11 july
Replies: 1
Views: 2216

action weekend 10-11 july

we have a weekend kept free in the gallery calendar to get it looking nice and tidy before the festival. here is a thread to say if you are able to help and also what jobs you fancy doing. the walls will need filled and painted, skirting board painted, floor a good scrub, (prob not time for sanding ...
by simone
Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:05 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Agendas for VAWG meetings 2009/2010
Replies: 43
Views: 16614

Re: Agendas for VAWG meetings 2009/2010

hooray
submissions, always a winner
think about how far we should be booking as nearly at end of year in gallery calendar slots
by simone
Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:56 am
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: So
Replies: 5
Views: 1340

Re: So

so, i am not quite sure what this means about my use of the english language....and does it point to something deeper in my inner psyche! hmmmmmmm
by simone
Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:08 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: betamaps budget
Replies: 3
Views: 2715

Re: betamaps budget

hi

can heather and i have £10 to buy some wool for our workshops please

also would be good if we could some little fun things for the opening ie sweets and also 2xcartons of wine

simone
by simone
Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:19 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Wayward - plant adoption at the Gallery
Replies: 5
Views: 3533

Re: Wayward - plant adoption at the Gallery

ignore me, we take them to the kitchen!!
by simone
Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:17 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: Proposal: New Caledonian Woodlands photo exhibition
Replies: 8
Views: 1983

Re: Proposal: New Caledonian Woodlands photo exhibition

hi swithun
the photos look great, thanks
by simone
Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:15 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Wayward - plant adoption at the Gallery
Replies: 5
Views: 3533

Re: Wayward - plant adoption at the Gallery

where do we tae plants to be adopted? are you collecting them beforehand?
by simone
Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:01 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: betamaps budget
Replies: 3
Views: 2715

Re: betamaps budget

bump
by simone
Sat May 29, 2010 6:32 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: somewhere for an artist to stay
Replies: 4
Views: 1588

somewhere for an artist to stay

hi
an artist called will who has a show in the gallery from 4th- 31st October is looking for somewhere to stay while he comes up to edinburgh to put on his show and invigilate it.
can anyone help out for these dates?
simone
by simone
Wed May 26, 2010 8:38 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: betamaps budget
Replies: 3
Views: 2715

betamaps budget

now that we have the budget back for the gallery we need to think how much we can give to betamaps as the show is for a month there is £50 allocated, do we want to suggest a bit extra as it is a big show and part of the embassy's annuale? is £100 too much? we need to think about the opening and clos...
by simone
Tue May 25, 2010 6:19 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: closing parties
Replies: 2
Views: 2522

Re: closing parties

so.....damian is having his closing party on saturday at 8pm
come along and meet the artist for the current show
hooray
by simone
Sun May 23, 2010 12:02 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: closing parties
Replies: 2
Views: 2522

closing parties

after our last meeting and talk of budgets i would like to propose that we make an effort to get the closing parties back on schedule. i think they are important for meeting the artist, making new contacts, getting more people involved in the gallery/forest. a lot of the time the artist can't afford...
by simone
Sun May 23, 2010 11:57 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Agendas for VAWG meetings 2009/2010
Replies: 43
Views: 16614

Re: Agendas for VAWG meetings 2009/2010

mike can't make thursday either

maybe an impromptu logos could be made if no major issues

can go through the eaf stuff that they sent
by simone
Sun May 23, 2010 11:55 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: The Gallery Calendar
Replies: 128
Views: 51347

Re: The Gallery Calendar

end of map project better for me
i really want to get paint off window ledge and re=paint it, i bugsy that job!!!!
by simone
Tue May 11, 2010 5:25 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: during august!
Replies: 3
Views: 3061

Re: during august!

my feeling on this are that the gallery is not suitable for readings etc.
the shows are using most of the space and without the artists permission (some are sending their work) and not wanting things moved or damaged, then it best to not put anything else in the gallery and enjoy the exhibition!
by simone
Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:44 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: The Gallery Calendar
Replies: 128
Views: 51347

Re: The Gallery Calendar

so the map project will either end on the 7th or the 11th it could be useful to have the weekend 10 and 11 as a freshner upner for the gallery before the festival the map project can then finish any time between the 7th and the 9th if we decide to have an action weekend then we need to book this so ...
by simone
Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:42 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: The Gallery Calendar
Replies: 128
Views: 51347

Re: The Gallery Calendar

could will, the ice cream van man, please be booked in for the TK41 slot, 4th to 31st October,
how exciting
thanks
by simone
Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:30 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: The Gallery Calendar
Replies: 128
Views: 51347

Re: The Gallery Calendar

i'm right on it!
by simone
Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:27 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Agendas for VAWG meetings 2009/2010
Replies: 43
Views: 16614

Re: Agendas for VAWG meetings 2009/2010

good plan
by simone
Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:26 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: The Gallery Calendar
Replies: 128
Views: 51347

Re: The Gallery Calendar

i would like to give him a slot before xmas please!
well done on getting through all the submissions, there must have been lots of last minute ones sent in!
by simone
Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:42 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Agendas for VAWG meetings 2009/2010
Replies: 43
Views: 16614

Re: Agendas for VAWG meetings 2009/2010

to be honest i don't think there is too much to go on with so maybe just book up what we have in calendar? tk42

does mirja need a suitcase series slot soon?
by simone
Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:33 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Agendas for VAWG meetings 2009/2010
Replies: 43
Views: 16614

Re: Agendas for VAWG meetings 2009/2010

i shall send an e mail as this bb is driving me mad at the moment!!!!
by simone
Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:58 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: The Gallery Calendar
Replies: 128
Views: 51347

Re: The Gallery Calendar

mike do we need to delete tk40? i heard rumours that kruno would no longer be doing this project
by simone
Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:52 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: I AM UNCLEAN: Virus question
Replies: 7
Views: 1892

Re: I AM UNCLEAN: Virus question

hope this helps dai....good luck, seems a bit complicated to me!! Leviticus 14 Cleansing From computer viruses 1 The LORD said to Moses, 2 "These are the regulations for the diseased person at the time of his ceremonial cleansing, when he is brought to the priest: 3 The priest is to go outside ...
by simone
Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:06 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: current exhibition
Replies: 4
Views: 2979

Re: current exhibition

thanks for putting those up ryan
by simone
Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:00 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: The Gallery Calendar
Replies: 128
Views: 51347

Re: The Gallery Calendar

damian has confirmed for tk32, if someone could add that please
by simone
Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:58 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: VAGW : CJ Start
Replies: 2
Views: 2260

Re: VAGW : CJ Start

yeh caroline
look forward to seeing you again
by simone
Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:33 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: VA Minutes 25/02/2010
Replies: 1
Views: 2486

Re: VA Minutes 25/02/2010

have contacted hans and arts complex with call out info
also damian has showed interest in show, just need him to ok dates of TK32.
by simone
Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:04 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Agendas for VAWG meetings 2009/2010
Replies: 43
Views: 16614

Re: Agendas for VAWG meetings 2009/2010

march meeting
submissions
we need to remember to offer icecreamman a slot as he was unable to do the original slot we offered
by simone
Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:01 pm
Forum: Events
Topic: Will Heather Tweed exhibition info be on website?
Replies: 4
Views: 1375

Re: Will Heather Tweed exhibition info be on website?

we have our meeting tonight so will get something sorted then heather
all the best for your show
by simone
Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:31 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: FIXING/to do
Replies: 18
Views: 5657

Re: FIXING/to do

yeah

i shall endeavour to get a new padlock for cupboard too
by simone
Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:29 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Agendas for VAWG meetings 2009/2010
Replies: 43
Views: 16614

Re: Agendas for VAWG meetings 2009/2010

meeting feb 25th the main things for the meeting on thurs are: last TKX slot May TK32 slot completion of form for EAF ten years of cafe show does anyone else have anything to add? some of these things will take time so i suggest we keep it to these 4 agenda points and start an agenda for march for e...
by simone
Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:18 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: FIXING/to do
Replies: 18
Views: 5657

Re: FIXING/to do

so nix and i put up the material to storage area but it has since fallen down. it needs to be nailed up at the top and then we can access to the storage area. it needs someone who is good at heights and ladders? any takers? also it would be good to get rid of the stuff up there. most has no owner i ...
by simone
Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:38 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: FIXING/to do
Replies: 18
Views: 5657

Re: FIXING/to do

hoorray
and then after all our hard work we can sit down with a cup of tea and make a logos
by simone
Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:35 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: FIXING/to do
Replies: 18
Views: 5657

Re: FIXING/to do

do we need to inform the artists that there will be things going on in the gallery that day? maybe they could take their things down in the morning?
i am going to put up the fabric this week if i can as i said to them i would get it done.
by simone
Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:33 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: WOW. You seen this amazing ukraine LIVE sand artist??!!!!
Replies: 4
Views: 1277

Re: WOW. You seen this amazing ukraine LIVE sand artist??!!!!

thanks for that link, she is mesmerizing to watch!!
by simone
Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:10 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: new proposal for the front room
Replies: 19
Views: 5527

Re: new proposal for the front room

well done guys
he looks great
by simone
Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:09 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: The Gallery Calendar
Replies: 128
Views: 51347

Re: The Gallery Calendar

could someone put the dates that were decided for the map project etc and the shows in the gallery calendar please so we know where we are, thanks!
by simone
Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:07 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: FIXING/to do
Replies: 18
Views: 5657

Re: FIXING/to do

i have booked the 28th feb as an action day as it will be between shows. i have seen some material for the storage space above gallery that can be put up then and i will do the other gallery cupboard then, i was going to do it today but they were putting up their show. we could make a logos too if p...

Go to advanced search