Search found 343 matches

by michaelbowdidge
Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:12 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: TK Group Show
Replies: 29
Views: 12513

Re: TK Group Show

If i get back in time from my travels, yes :)
by michaelbowdidge
Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:26 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: TK Group Show
Replies: 29
Views: 12513

Re: TK Group Show

Can't meet thurs - am away to london at 5 pm. soz.

Like the 'Hang them' title :)

What say you all we hang it on sunday night after 8 - does that work for everybody?
by michaelbowdidge
Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:43 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: TK Group Show
Replies: 29
Views: 12513

Re: TK Group Show

Can do for sure but you'd need to drop it off to me today as I'm busy then away tomorrow. Can you do that?
by michaelbowdidge
Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:19 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Forest Publishing meeting weds 8th July 2009
Replies: 0
Views: 1451

Forest Publishing meeting weds 8th July 2009

Publishing meeting minutes: Wednesday 8th July 2008 Present: Jason, Jane, Ryan, Magda, Nick, Mike. Dummy for insert agreed. Jason to move title text over a bit to the right, and make sure PDF file is greyscale then resupply to Mike who will get it sent to Caric and organise pick up etc. We will ask ...
by michaelbowdidge
Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:14 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: august to march booking slots
Replies: 21
Views: 11044

Re: august to march booking slots

what about the guy from Leith school of art with the doors - we could invite him?
by michaelbowdidge
Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:49 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: VA Meeting postponed from thurs 25th June to thurs 2nd July
Replies: 2
Views: 2688

Re: VA Meeting postponed from thurs 25th June to thurs 2nd July

Not going to be able to make it tonight I'm afraid, as I'm finishing off a job application and preparing for an interview for another job tomoand it all has to be done tonight (i'm working today) - sorry!
by michaelbowdidge
Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:57 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: TK Group Show
Replies: 29
Views: 12513

TK Group Show

I thought it would be good to make a thread for the rapidly appproaching group show...

It has also occurred to me that it doesn't have a name as yet. Given the current artworld penchant for stupid /wacky titles I vote for 'Haar Haar Haar'...

Any other suggestions?
by michaelbowdidge
Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:25 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: VA Meeting postponed from thurs 25th June to thurs 2nd July
Replies: 2
Views: 2688

VA Meeting postponed from thurs 25th June to thurs 2nd July

Tonight's visual arts working group meeting has been postponed from thurs 25th June to thurs 2nd July (next week).

Sorry for any inconvenience.
by michaelbowdidge
Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:43 am
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Can we give the Forest a new push???
Replies: 85
Views: 28770

Re: Can we give the Forest a new push???

Really sorry to stir this back up, but this is the kind of thing that annoys me Amelia: "Tricky too as the way of man is to need to pretend he already knows the stuff to his mates, but this leaves no opportunity for his personal growth to happen." I have never, ever felt the need to do thi...
by michaelbowdidge
Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:25 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: august to march booking slots
Replies: 21
Views: 11044

Re: august to march booking slots

no news on that yet - he's probably going to set up on sunday. He still wants to do a mural - i thought we had nixed this idea, but I've asked him what medium he will use and whether he has managed to paint this over successfuly in the past. With that in mind he was also asking if we have access to ...
by michaelbowdidge
Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:00 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: august to march booking slots
Replies: 21
Views: 11044

Re: august to march booking slots

Will put that to him and see what he says..
by michaelbowdidge
Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:35 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: august to march booking slots
Replies: 21
Views: 11044

Re: august to march booking slots

I think it was the auction but I 'm not sure who was looking into that - I don't think it was me but I couldn't swear to it. On that same note, Nick Chat (tattoo guy) wants to know what time he can get on the sunday - I take it any time after 11 is ok, seeing as we don't have anything in the gallery...
by michaelbowdidge
Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:19 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Moderation
Replies: 1
Views: 1803

Moderation

Thanks for sorting out me and Mirja as mods....

Time for a celebration - sing along with me... all together now...



"...IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII am a Moderator, I Moderate, I Moderate...."
by michaelbowdidge
Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:33 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Can we give the Forest a new push???
Replies: 85
Views: 28770

Re: Can we give the Forest a new push???

I am totally down with the steel wall paper thang... just to clarify...

(*grips right arm firmly with left arm to prevent it from involuntarily shooting into the air to perform an extremely dubious type of salute a la Mel Brooks* :)

Seriously, I really like the idea - it makes sense.
by michaelbowdidge
Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:27 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Can we give the Forest a new push???
Replies: 85
Views: 28770

Re: Can we give the Forest a new push???

Steel wallpaper! Bring it On!!!!! We are the Fascist Cafe! - Achtung baby!
by michaelbowdidge
Thu May 28, 2009 8:18 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: VA meeting 280809
Replies: 0
Views: 1801

VA meeting 280809

VA meeting minutes 280509 Floor: week commencing 8th June. Equipment? How are we doing this? Mirja free that week, happy to take some of this on... how much to rent the machine/ may be best to use hand sanders? Simone to ask if there is any money for this. Mirja to investigate prices for pads and v...
by michaelbowdidge
Wed May 27, 2009 12:29 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: VA meeting 28/05/09
Replies: 2
Views: 3206

VA meeting 28/05/09

Any points for the meeting?
by michaelbowdidge
Sun May 24, 2009 9:25 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: The Gallery Calendar
Replies: 128
Views: 67516

Re: The Gallery Calendar

Toby Lloyd is also confirmed.
by michaelbowdidge
Thu May 21, 2009 6:28 pm
Forum: Events
Topic: Contemporary Art Diploma Show
Replies: 2
Views: 1888

Re: Contemporary Art Diploma Show

I take it the private view is Friday 29th May rather than March?
by michaelbowdidge
Fri May 15, 2009 11:09 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: The Gallery Calendar
Replies: 128
Views: 67516

Re: The Gallery Calendar

I think you're right on TK13 - that seems to have slipped our collective attention - any suggestions?
by michaelbowdidge
Thu May 14, 2009 2:28 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: The Gallery Calendar
Replies: 128
Views: 67516

Re: The Gallery Calendar

Meh... Obviously I mean the 30th, so run the group show to the 28th...
by michaelbowdidge
Thu May 14, 2009 2:25 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: The Gallery Calendar
Replies: 128
Views: 67516

Re: The Gallery Calendar

Just to let you know that I met with Ailsa in the gallery yesterday and got her signed up for the bb/pointed her at the artists info thread etc. We also had a long discussion about what she wants to do with the gallery, which I am quite excited about, but I don't want to get into too much here, as s...
by michaelbowdidge
Tue May 12, 2009 1:38 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Weds 13th May 6pm TK submissions meeting
Replies: 6
Views: 3447

Re: Weds 13th May 6pm TK submissions meeting

hmmm... I don;t think i can make this after all - can we reschedule for this for next tuesday at 7:00 at Simone's house? What say you good people?
by michaelbowdidge
Tue May 12, 2009 11:19 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Weds 13th May 6pm TK submissions meeting
Replies: 6
Views: 3447

Re: Weds 13th May 6pm TK submissions meeting

so where are we meeting and at what time - Mirja - can yoo make 7.00 at Simone's?
by michaelbowdidge
Fri May 08, 2009 5:40 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Creative Scotland
Replies: 1
Views: 1009

Re: Creative Scotland

Creative Scotland : recent Scottish Artists Union bulletins http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/saubulletin/message/57 Statements from the Minister for Culture, External Affairs & the Constitution Mike Russell and the chair of Creative Scotland 2009 Ltd Ewan Brown at The Future for Arts and Cultura...
by michaelbowdidge
Fri May 08, 2009 5:20 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Weds 13th May 6pm TK submissions meeting
Replies: 6
Views: 3447

Weds 13th May 6pm TK submissions meeting

Don't forget - we arranged this at the last meeting.

Hmmm, just wondering if we will clash with a publications meeting? Martin, any ideas on that?
by michaelbowdidge
Fri May 01, 2009 11:29 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: The Gallery Calendar
Replies: 128
Views: 67516

Re: The Gallery Calendar

To get the ball rollmg on sorting out the TK09 slots, I'm going to suggest Ailsa for the first week, black box and the slideshow piece for week 2 and the wolves for week 3 with suitcase satying on it current week 4 slot - any thoughts/alternatives to that order? Would like to keep Ailsa to week 1 if...
by michaelbowdidge
Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:41 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: art exhibition needed NOW
Replies: 3
Views: 2792

Re: art exhibition needed NOW

Sorry Debois, but if you check Jane's post you'll see that it was at the Bowey and it was needed at the end of march...
by michaelbowdidge
Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:04 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: opportunity for funding
Replies: 13
Views: 7815

Re: opportunity for funding

Well done sir, sorry not to have been very much help at all on this one ...
by michaelbowdidge
Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:38 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: festival 2009
Replies: 40
Views: 21660

Re: festival 2009

I'm in the same boat, ah'm afraid at present...
by michaelbowdidge
Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:25 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: festival 2009
Replies: 40
Views: 21660

Re: festival 2009

To be honest, i don't think i'm going to have the time to prepare anything. Sorry!
by michaelbowdidge
Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:29 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: festival 2009
Replies: 40
Views: 21660

Re: festival 2009

what time does it have to be done at? Is it an evening thing or a day thing?
by michaelbowdidge
Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:37 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: September stuff
Replies: 130
Views: 53611

Re: September stuff

(*telepathic reply*)
by michaelbowdidge
Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:36 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: opportunity for funding
Replies: 13
Views: 7815

Re: opportunity for funding

I thik this is a really good idea, but be advised that my record of attracting funding is absoltuely f*cking abysmal, so what do I know? :)
by michaelbowdidge
Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:53 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: new forest web site
Replies: 17
Views: 7868

Re: new forest web site

if the 22nd is the action day i can't make it til after 7:30 due to teaching commitments
by michaelbowdidge
Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:15 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: September stuff
Replies: 130
Views: 53611

Re: September stuff

Told you it wasn't over...
by michaelbowdidge
Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:16 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: 'Suitcase Series'
Replies: 8
Views: 4428

Re: 'Suitcase Series'

Great news - well done - I saw it on the re-title newsletter last week...
by michaelbowdidge
Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:36 pm
Forum: Events
Topic: Viva EVS: Another Vollie Party! (ALL VOLUNTEERS TO READ PLS)
Replies: 1
Views: 947

Re: Viva EVS: Another Vollie Party! (ALL VOLUNTEERS TO READ PLS)

Forest Karaoke RULES!!! Wot a great night... :D
by michaelbowdidge
Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:05 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: gallery things that may need to be done
Replies: 11
Views: 5568

Re: gallery things that may need to be done

With that last comment you have truly become a part of the team :)
by michaelbowdidge
Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:46 am
Forum: Events
Topic: EVEMT: JIGGERY-DONKERY - FRI 6TH
Replies: 4
Views: 2322

Re: EVEMT: JIGGERY-DONKERY - FRI 6TH

yeah, toptastic artwork pop pickers - me like a lot :)
by michaelbowdidge
Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:57 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: gallery things that may need to be done
Replies: 11
Views: 5568

Re: gallery things that may need to be done

Well done everybody for getting stuck in, but especially Martin for a truly superhuman effort in co-ordinating it all and spending so many hours up a horrible wobbly scaffold (!!!!APPPLAUSE!!!!!)
by michaelbowdidge
Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:54 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: open submission festival (TK09)
Replies: 12
Views: 5652

Re: open submission festival (TK09)

Looks good to me - thanks for taking that on...
by michaelbowdidge
Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:03 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: TK 16
Replies: 3
Views: 2440

Re: TK 16

Count me in, good suggestion....
by michaelbowdidge
Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:23 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: promotion promotion
Replies: 79
Views: 28637

Re: promotion promotion

Poster from Matias for the Marmots, he would like to have his party on the 19th if that's ok. I did explain to him that we normally prefer closing parties but he's pretty adamant he wants it on the 19th. Given that our rational for closing parties is that it allows people to speak to the artist abou...
by michaelbowdidge
Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:10 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: jan to may booking slots
Replies: 47
Views: 19629

Re: jan to may booking slots

Erm.... i dunno, is it complicated or involve secret handshakes?
by michaelbowdidge
Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:58 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: jan to may booking slots
Replies: 47
Views: 19629

Re: jan to may booking slots

Nick Chate (tattoo show) now confirmed for 22nd June- 5th July TK14.

Please can you amend the gallery calender Stephen?
by michaelbowdidge
Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:21 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: The Gallery Calendar
Replies: 128
Views: 67516

Re: The Gallery Calendar

Is it me or does numbering the shows make them sound really exciting?
by michaelbowdidge
Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:36 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: jan to may booking slots
Replies: 47
Views: 19629

Re: jan to may booking slots

in a similar vein, Nick Chate (tattoo show) has also just surfaced, a bit peeved that he isn't showing 2nd- 16th March. Whilst it's true that he never replied to my last email and responded to my questions re changeovers and walls I probably should have let him know that we had dropped the show (my ...
by michaelbowdidge
Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:54 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: [s]logos[/s]
Replies: 7
Views: 3808

Re: [s]logos[/s]

Yup, count me in...

Go to advanced search