Search found 648 matches

by stephengoodall
Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:06 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Poster Idea?
Replies: 7
Views: 4761

quality stuff bill.
by stephengoodall
Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:04 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: meeting next week?
Replies: 15
Views: 6727

yeah i am up for meeting w/regards the freshers fair. but during the day is difficult unless it is tomorrow(mon) or tues/wed before 12, or fri/ sat after 5
by stephengoodall
Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:59 am
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Another Freaking Hotel?
Replies: 26
Views: 14079

i had always thought the odeon building was listed, so it would likely be redeveloped ratrher than knocked down.
by stephengoodall
Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:10 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: meeting next week?
Replies: 15
Views: 6727

wednesday is no good for me i'm afraid
by stephengoodall
Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:25 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: ARGH the e-mail
Replies: 27
Views: 16100

i may be being stupid but what's wrong with gmail, aside from being google, or is that the point?
by stephengoodall
Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:24 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: wallspace
Replies: 30
Views: 18619

wallspace

at the recent blender meeting there was discussion on replacing the mural on the cafe wall- the one with the winged flower eye guys. abigail emailed me saying she would like to do something there but i thought it might be good to treat the wallspace the same way we do the gallery, i.e. have a look a...
by stephengoodall
Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:12 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: meeting next week?
Replies: 15
Views: 6727

any chance we could make it 6.30? i don't finish work till 5.30 and it is far away.
by stephengoodall
Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:21 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: the gallery
Replies: 23
Views: 13501

move all the computers, leeches and people who talk through movies into the gallery and blast it into the sun.
by stephengoodall
Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:19 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: VArts e-mail and Lindsay Grin
Replies: 8
Views: 4465

re: the linsay show- i thought sweet shop was up next- isn't that jullianna capes?? anybody know?
by stephengoodall
Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:17 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: VArts e-mail and Lindsay Grin
Replies: 8
Views: 4465

we have the emails but over the period while folks were away they built up a bit and there was some confusion as to which were replied to etc. we are currently in the process of working through them as fairly as possible but the gallery is currently booked out solid till the new year, meaning there ...
by stephengoodall
Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:11 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Fresher's Fair. Art college.
Replies: 113
Views: 79870

Yeah that is a good idea- Martin can you do a flier as well? are we doing a seperate event? If so we could project a slideshow of snapshots of people recieving their fake degrees. might be funny. below is the artist info for the three shows we know about. ok here goes. Drawing on the imagery of natu...
by stephengoodall
Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:48 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Fresher's Fair. Art college.
Replies: 113
Views: 79870

right well i have info for lucy mackenzie, mike bowdidge and will hopefully get something from ola rek tomorrow. what slipped my mind, however, is that before that we have the two cryptic shows "sweet shop" and "potlatch" which we have no info or contacts for. maybe we could just...
by stephengoodall
Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:50 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: the gallery
Replies: 23
Views: 13501

i think i'm against the idea if there is work actually hanging on the walls. for one, there isn't that much space anyway and the moving of tables, chairs and folks back and fro with frequency will increase the likelyhood of damage to the work. also, tables chairs and folk will cause an obstruction t...
by stephengoodall
Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:39 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Fresher's Fair. Art college.
Replies: 113
Views: 79870

good. one point though... TotalKunst is an open access, artist led intitiative run by the forest visual arts working group. we are a non-profit charity organisation which offers artists and other creatives the chance to exhibit and develop their work free from commission. This is unclear and not ac...
by stephengoodall
Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:58 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Fresher's Fair. Art college.
Replies: 113
Views: 79870

TotalKunst is an open access, artist led intitiative run by the forest visual arts working group. we are a non-profit charity organisation which offers artists and other creatives the chance to exhibit and develop their work free from commission. we believe art is made by all humans, not just those ...
by stephengoodall
Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:34 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Fresher's Fair. Art college.
Replies: 113
Views: 79870

i'll post the blurb here to be ok'd also
by stephengoodall
Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:25 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Fresher's Fair. Art college.
Replies: 113
Views: 79870

ok cool i will write up a blurb and mail it to you, martin.






i would like to construct the hat, if poss.

also, if we are doing the eca degree thing, are we altering/ adding to the degrees or just handing out replicas/simulacra
by stephengoodall
Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:14 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Fresher's Fair. Art college.
Replies: 113
Views: 79870

what format do you need the book to be in?

do you mean just select some images or print them out, write some text and compose a pamphlet also?
by stephengoodall
Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:15 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: WASTE. LARGE Street Art piece idea. Need Black Waste Fliers
Replies: 3
Views: 2611

that sounds like a good idea. i'm for it.
by stephengoodall
Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:12 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Fresher's Fair. Art college.
Replies: 113
Views: 79870

my main agenda with the eca is the way that the in crowd have monopoly over the art scene here which bugs me so it would no doubt be good to make people think twice about feeling that they are automatically the bees' because they attend. maybe though, i feel that in a way, focusing the idea on the e...
by stephengoodall
Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:12 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Exhibition Proposal
Replies: 24
Views: 12520

yes, i concur
by stephengoodall
Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:02 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Proposal to extend the free shop
Replies: 17
Views: 7146

it would be great to use the gallery space to create a "shop", subverting common retail bollocks. it would be good to have people altering stuff to make artist's editions, one off objet d'arte type stuff made from free things maybe a policy of take something make something, or take somethi...
by stephengoodall
Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:59 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: NICE WORK
Replies: 4
Views: 3125

thanks for the kind comments, it was great fun working on it!
by stephengoodall
Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:58 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Fresher's Fair. Art college.
Replies: 113
Views: 79870

i think we should make Totalkunst degrees which declare the bearer an artist.

to get the degree the applicant should have to don a funny hat and perform a masonic handshake.

those that refuse get a distinction.
by stephengoodall
Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:03 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Fresher's Fair. Art college.
Replies: 113
Views: 79870

"we offer to consider your proposals free from prejudice"
by stephengoodall
Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:08 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Fresher's Fair. Art college.
Replies: 113
Views: 79870

sounds like it might be a laugh

anyone got any good ideas for it?

free stuff is the standard for these things isnt it? what about badges or soemthing?
by stephengoodall
Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:49 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: communique for the visuals x
Replies: 1
Views: 1778

well i picked up the HARD copy apps today, will try to arrange a suitable time with martin to give them a look over.
by stephengoodall
Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:24 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: TotalKunst flashmob; help to decorate the stairs
Replies: 5
Views: 2346

hello i've just heard from daniel at WTCDTD and it seems they will be installing a photography exhibition starting friday so i this project will have to be postponed until it is over
by stephengoodall
Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:23 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: TotalKunst flashmob; help to decorate the stairs
Replies: 2
Views: 2463

hello i've just heard from daniel at WTCDTD and it seems they will be installing a photography exhibition starting friday so i this project will have to be postponed until it is over
by stephengoodall
Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:56 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: TotalKunst flashmob; help to decorate the stairs
Replies: 5
Views: 2346

well they got stuff planned for the entreance and annexe- does annexe refer to the stairway part of the building?

i will try to get in touch with them directly
by stephengoodall
Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:32 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: TotalKunst flashmob; help to decorate the stairs
Replies: 5
Views: 2346

TotalKunst flashmob; help to decorate the stairs

it seems there is a lot of space in the stairwell that would be good to fill with cool drawings and stuff for when it is open over the festival. there is quite alot of space up for grabs and it might be good to draw on the walls or similar in a group to maintain critical mass and enthusiasm obviousl...
by stephengoodall
Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:30 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: TotalKunst flashmob; help to decorate the stairs
Replies: 2
Views: 2463

TotalKunst flashmob; help to decorate the stairs

it seems there is a lot of space in the stairwell that would be good to fill with cool drawings and stuff for when it is open over the festival. there is quite alot of space up for grabs and it might be good to draw on the walls or similar in a group to maintain critical mass and enthusiasm obviousl...
by stephengoodall
Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:25 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Hello!
Replies: 2
Views: 2464

hi alice the meeting was good it was chris, james martin and myself. it seems there is a vast amount of space on the stairways up to the hall and in the hall itself that needs filling with work so me and martin are trying to see if we can find anyone who could help us draw stuff etc. manged to secur...
by stephengoodall
Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:22 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Mission Statement
Replies: 21
Views: 11903

certainly no offence taken on my part, i'm interested in and enjoying the discussion. i am interested in the generic and writing generic statements is something that comes naturally to me, its always good when that ability can have a use. (spiderman style thought baloon) but i must use that ability ...
by stephengoodall
Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:43 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Mission Statement
Replies: 21
Views: 11903

fair points, all. I geuss what i wrote above could be seen more as a mission statement for the visual arts working group rather than a manifesto for the TotalKunst artist collective. One thing i gleaned from last month's meeting was that TotalKunst was an inclusive operation and that participation a...
by stephengoodall
Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:24 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: meeting with mike bowdidge
Replies: 1
Views: 1906

meeting with mike bowdidge

met with mike bowdidge yesterday with regards to his proposed installation in the gallery space and maybe also in other parts of the building. http://www.re-title.com/artists/michael-bowdidge.asp some pics of past work on the above link. Mike would prefer to work in the space over a few days, maybe ...
by stephengoodall
Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:10 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Mission Statement
Replies: 21
Views: 11903

yeah i think you guys are right i think contemporary should be replaced with visual.
by stephengoodall
Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:32 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Mission Statement
Replies: 21
Views: 11903

i think the problem is that alot of the long term members aren't around just now. having been around for a couple of weeks after attending 1 meeting it would feel presumptious to attempt to speak for the whole group. but hey, i'll give it a shot; "to create an open access working group with the...
by stephengoodall
Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:20 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: meeting with Ola Rek
Replies: 4
Views: 3020

from what i remember of the proposal i think it would look good too. I think it was decided in the last meeting that some clarification was necessary to see exactly what the artist was proposing.

i geuss another subject for the next meeting to see when she could do it?
by stephengoodall
Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:59 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: meeting with phil ewe
Replies: 5
Views: 2895

hi

i'm bumping this in the hope of an answer on the matter of the tv and mailing list. anyone got any ideas?
by stephengoodall
Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:58 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: July Working Group Meeting, Thursday 26th 7pm
Replies: 4
Views: 3432

hi me and martin had some ideas to do with the submissions, some of which were detailed in the submissions thread a few below this one but as alice said there may not be enough people around for it to be any good. but maybe it could go up for discussion? by then i should have also met with the artis...
by stephengoodall
Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:18 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: meeting with phil ewe
Replies: 5
Views: 2895

meeting with phil ewe

i met with phil ewe today and he seems pretty much set for his exhibition beginning the 16th but there were a few questions that came up that i couldn't answer: existence and location of a tv he could use? some confusion about the budget- he was told £pound but someone mentioned £100 while we were t...
by stephengoodall
Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:47 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: An artist needs meeting.this will be fun
Replies: 2
Views: 2383

i could probably meet him, will send a mail.

if you could let me know what information you would like to glean from the meeting, whether you were considering him for a single day or a full exhibition span that would be helpful
by stephengoodall
Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:00 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: old Info for artists
Replies: 4
Views: 4081

never mind i got it. i must have been being stupid
by stephengoodall
Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:59 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: old Info for artists
Replies: 4
Views: 4081

i think i'm being stupid but how do i get the attachment?
by stephengoodall
Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:11 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: submissions
Replies: 2
Views: 1978

submissions

the idea was to set up a system of different numerical categories to help with filing the incoming proposals. This is a technique which is used in alot of the annual exhibitions to help with organisation in the face of so many works. if their were four different categories they might be broken down ...
by stephengoodall
Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:54 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: artist led culture website/message board
Replies: 0
Views: 1564

artist led culture website/message board

i found this site and message board on my digital travels and thought it may be of interest.
http://www.midwest.org.uk/mid.west?m=f

although it is mainly based in england there seems to be some interesting articles and links/ oppertunities for networking etc.
by stephengoodall
Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:37 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Visual arts working group meeting minutes
Replies: 1
Views: 1996

hi actually it was me who was up for doing the press release stuff

i'll post some more info about the idea for the system of categorisation soon.

Go to advanced search