Search found 648 matches

by stephengoodall
Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:10 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: opportunity for funding
Replies: 13
Views: 6966

Re: opportunity for funding

not going to be able to make it to the forest this weekend i'm afraid.

Can we do the action day next week?

I can work on the funding app in the meantime and bring what i have to the meeting on Thursday.
by stephengoodall
Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:33 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Behind the Scenes 19/03/2009 8pm
Replies: 5
Views: 3370

Re: Behind the Scenes 19/03/2009 8pm

Behind the Scenes 19/03/2009 Present: Neil, Duncan, Taskin, Emma, Stephen, Ida, Mike, Ilaria, Tove Agenda: Charity Finances Accounts Shop Grants charity Accountant has completed charity accounts- setting up charity bank account and seperating accounts- reckons it will be a lot of work without benef...
by stephengoodall
Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:57 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: opportunity for funding
Replies: 13
Views: 6966

Re: opportunity for funding

could be something else to consider for action day, should it be going ahead this sunday (?)
by stephengoodall
Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:55 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: opportunity for funding
Replies: 13
Views: 6966

Re: opportunity for funding

pass it past hwat? we can make a case based on past record ( busy exhibition schedule) + the plans to offer longer time for artist and be able to support them more in terms of materials and equipment so that they can take more challenging work in the gallery ? Sorry, I meant "pass it round&quo...
by stephengoodall
Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:11 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: opportunity for funding
Replies: 13
Views: 6966

Re: opportunity for funding

I think we should go for the 14th april deadline and have some time to work on it, if i can pass it past the PHDs to take a look- how should we pitch it though- apply for funding for artist's budget and paint for example?
by stephengoodall
Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:07 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Behind the Scenes 19/03/2009 8pm
Replies: 5
Views: 3370

Behind the Scenes 19/03/2009 8pm

Behind the Scenes Working Group: This group keeps us in business, does the bulk of administrative tasks, doles out the monthly grants, plans projects, helps local artists sell things in our shop and maintains the madness of our website. People with great organisational skill who want to learn more a...
by stephengoodall
Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:15 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: new forest web site
Replies: 17
Views: 6955

Re: new forest web site

what about sunday 22/03/2009 for the action day?
by stephengoodall
Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:14 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: new forest web site
Replies: 17
Views: 6955

Re: new forest web site

aye- how does one get from the homepage to the projects page for example?
by stephengoodall
Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:48 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: opportunity for funding
Replies: 13
Views: 6966

opportunity for funding

This looks like a good opportunity that TK might consider applying for: Elephant Trust for Fine Arts - posted 12.3.2009 deadline: Tuesday 14 April & Friday 19 June 2009 The Elephant Trust was created in 1975 by Roland Penrose and Lee Miller to develop and improve the knowledge, understanding and...
by stephengoodall
Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:35 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: new forest web site
Replies: 17
Views: 6955

Re: new forest web site

I have had a bit of a mess around with the TK text, including some stuff from mirja's documents for the suitcase series. I think we should have a new image for the main page- any ideas of what? Should we just continue to upload images to the same folders as before?? ideas- consolidate documentation ...
by stephengoodall
Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:34 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: new forest web site
Replies: 17
Views: 6955

Re: new forest web site

lol cross post. will dleete and repost.
by stephengoodall
Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:00 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: 'Suitcase Series'
Replies: 8
Views: 3849

Re: 'Suitcase Series'

agree with martin a project page would be good.

Both documents are great, we should think about including parts of the text on the new website.
by stephengoodall
Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:45 am
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: Website Authorities
Replies: 24
Views: 10879

Re: Website Authorities

Thanks Milk - i can now edit the relevant pages...

And thanks to all involved in the new website- it is looking pretty swish!

Can i be admined as well please- username "stephengoodall"

cheers
by stephengoodall
Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:52 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Info for artist and tk logos
Replies: 21
Views: 11767

Re: Info for artist and tk logos

because that document is a pdf file it is difficult to edit straight off- it is probably best to combine the raw text that martin posted seperately above and the image of the floorplan also above to make a new version, minus the budget bits... hope that is some help, if no, i can have a go at some p...
by stephengoodall
Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:42 pm
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: Website Authorities
Replies: 24
Views: 10879

Website Authorities

Hi

Could somebody with the website sjills please give the user "totalkunst" editing authority for the grants pages of the website? I need to make amendments re the decision at the last FWG and update the list of grants awarded.

Many thanks in advance,

Stephen.
by stephengoodall
Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:32 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: September stuff
Replies: 130
Views: 48609

Re: September stuff

one thread to rule them all should probably start a new september thread but i couldn't resist resurrecting this barnacled behemoth. Alice suggested recently that it might be an idea to rethik the length of our shows... We have always done two week shows pretty much arbitrarily and it definitely ha...
by stephengoodall
Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:26 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: gallery things that may need to be done
Replies: 11
Views: 4829

Re: gallery things that may need to be done

do we already have the varnish for the floor? If so what are the drying times?

It would be good to have a whole two weeks for the TK show in my opinion...
by stephengoodall
Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:25 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: LIST for posting posters
Replies: 8
Views: 3609

Re: LIST for posting posters

yeah great list, i also agree with the above.
by stephengoodall
Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:24 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: open submission festival (TK09)
Replies: 12
Views: 4837

Re: open submission festival (TK09)

nice one.
by stephengoodall
Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:13 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: Posting minutes in the Red Room
Replies: 9
Views: 5180

Re: Posting minutes in the Red Room

displaying in an euyecatching way like the above would also mean that they would be read more frequently also.

I like the idea of a board made up espescially for them, it could be hung on the wall on the left as you walk in, where the community board used to be.
by stephengoodall
Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:44 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: TK 16
Replies: 3
Views: 2190

TK 16

So I was thinking this slot would be perfect for the group show mentioned a couple of meetings ago, as it would give plenty of time...TK16 is also a pretty cool title.

Who is in?
by stephengoodall
Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:36 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Visual Arts 26/02/2009
Replies: 0
Views: 1574

Visual Arts 26/02/2009

Present: Mike, Emi, Martin, Simone, Melanie, Mirja, Stephen Gallery Renovation Martin has posted a list of stuff to be done in the gallery, this weekend is a perfect oppertunity to make the place look shiney. AP All to pop in at weekend to help out where possible. Promotion Still work to do to get a...
by stephengoodall
Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:48 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: festival 2009
Replies: 40
Views: 19645

Re: festival 2009

Hmmm I'm sure i posted to this thread last week to see if anyone was looking into this yet. There must have been a malfunction. here is what i sent last year: i've filled in the form with a generic exhibition called "TotalKunst" running for the length of the festival, supported by the text...
by stephengoodall
Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:39 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: jan to may booking slots
Replies: 47
Views: 17644

Re: jan to may booking slots

on a full moon you have to dress as a sailor and pledge allegiance to Cthulhu.
by stephengoodall
Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:23 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Behind the Scenes 19/02/2009 8pm
Replies: 6
Views: 3732

Re: Behind the Scenes 19/02/2009 8pm

Nix, Stephen, Lynne, Emma, Mike, Sharath Agenda: Shop Website Charity Accounts Grants Shop- Decision about new shop manager- Ida to be shop manager Taskin to do paperwork. Nix plans tow take a more hands on approach to liasing with shop manager, mentoring etc. Need volunteers to staff the shop prope...
by stephengoodall
Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:33 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: The Gallery Calendar
Replies: 128
Views: 60117

Re: The Gallery Calendar

nick chate added.
by stephengoodall
Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:17 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Behind the Scenes 19/02/2009 8pm
Replies: 6
Views: 3732

Re: Behind the Scenes 19/02/2009 8pm

Better do do this meeting on the appointed date if at all possible, in my opinion.
by stephengoodall
Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:13 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Behind the Scenes 19/02/2009 8pm
Replies: 6
Views: 3732

Re: Behind the Scenes 19/02/2009 8pm

Two more Monthly Grant applications have come through;

Keer Lai Women's Assosiation
Ewan Mcintyre

Is anyone available to attend?
by stephengoodall
Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:36 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Behind the Scenes 19/02/2009 8pm
Replies: 6
Views: 3732

Behind the Scenes 19/02/2009 8pm

I've just noticed this is at the same time as the upcoming vollie party. Is the action room still out of action or can it be used. If no then probably best to reschedule? There is a bumper crop of grants this time: Quarterly : Five Issues Coal Action Edinburgh Foundations Dance Collective Independan...
by stephengoodall
Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:17 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Manager for Biz Art shop
Replies: 1
Views: 1447

Re: Manager for Biz Art shop

The next BTS meeting is actually Thursday 19th Feb.
by stephengoodall
Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:40 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Edinburgh Uni Students occupy George Sq Lecture Theatre
Replies: 2
Views: 1021

Re: Edinburgh Uni Students occupy George Sq Lecture Theatre

also happening in glasgow: ****STOP PRESS*** THE UNIVERSITY HAVE STATED THAT THEY WILL DENY ALL FREEDOM OF MOVEMENT AND THAT THEY WILL NOT BUDGE ON THIS ISSUE. WE ARE UNDER DURESS. ***We have also been told that the Principal will not come and talk to us.*** From 2pm yesterday Glasgow University stu...
by stephengoodall
Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:02 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: jan to may booking slots
Replies: 47
Views: 17644

Re: jan to may booking slots

cool-Emi should have the details...


Is Mike Steven the guy who wanted to do the CCTV installation? I say if we have already offered him a show, he should just get the next available slot.
by stephengoodall
Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:48 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: The Gallery Calendar
Replies: 128
Views: 60117

Re: The Gallery Calendar

updated with the slots till the end of august.

I've put in 4 1week slots for august starting the 3rd and ending the 30th that run from the monday to the sunday.
by stephengoodall
Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:56 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: The Gallery Calendar
Replies: 128
Views: 60117

Re: The Gallery Calendar

Mueller Moved, Marmot added, TK7 is back, TK8 has gone.
by stephengoodall
Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:54 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: jan to may booking slots
Replies: 47
Views: 17644

Re: jan to may booking slots

so the first slot in march is already filled, i have now offered David 30th mar -12th apr.

Looks like we are happy for Lottie and Lindsay to show for the second half of Peter Williams show.
by stephengoodall
Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:19 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Front of House 18/01/2009
Replies: 37
Views: 14268

Re: Front of House 18/01/2009

attached is a pdf of the poster, on the computer it looks a bit of a mess when viewed on the computer due to the text size, but will be fully legible once printed at a large size. Not sure when i can get this printed yet, possibly Saturday morning.
by stephengoodall
Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:16 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: jan to may booking slots
Replies: 47
Views: 17644

Re: jan to may booking slots

I've updated the gallery calander and am seeking confirmation for the Mueller move.

Emi won't be here for when Sean Whittaker is showing :( correct? does any one want to volunteer?
by stephengoodall
Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:10 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: The Gallery Calendar
Replies: 128
Views: 60117

Re: The Gallery Calendar

Updated with Sean WHittaker and moved David Mueller (awaiting conf. from Mike, who i have emailed.)

Also there is now no TK7.
by stephengoodall
Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:45 pm
Forum: Kitchen
Topic: Slushie machine is go go go
Replies: 11
Views: 5541

Re: Slushie machine is go go go

I agreed with Nix to move the machine to another residence but haven't got round to it yet - let me know if there are plans to use it and i will refrain from relocating it for now...
by stephengoodall
Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:47 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: [s]logos[/s]
Replies: 7
Views: 3287

Re: [s]logos[/s]

grand- sounds good.
by stephengoodall
Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:25 pm
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: Inactive users
Replies: 6
Views: 3261

Re: Inactive users

from orbit. Only way to be sure...
by stephengoodall
Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:00 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: jan to may booking slots
Replies: 47
Views: 17644

Re: jan to may booking slots

It is going to be neccessary to have the gallery empty on the 21st and 22nd of Feb so i think the best plan is as above: ask sarah to extend to 20th and ask David to reschedule to next available slot.

Agree?

16th-29th Mar TK7 is the next available slot- has this been offered to anyone yet- Mike?
by stephengoodall
Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:47 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: info for artists
Replies: 2
Views: 1704

Re: info for artists

good point, no time at the mo, though.
by stephengoodall
Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:43 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: jan to may booking slots
Replies: 47
Views: 17644

Re: jan to may booking slots

i've asked david whether he would be able to reschedule and he seems fine with it- maybe it would be better to be safe than sorry.

Best thing would be just to move his show entirely and extend sarah's but this would leave a week gap probably?
by stephengoodall
Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:40 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: promotion promotion
Replies: 79
Views: 25588

Re: promotion promotion

i've asked them to send us some images so we can check it over.
by stephengoodall
Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:26 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Front of House 18/01/2009
Replies: 37
Views: 14268

Re: Front of House 18/01/2009

thanks taskin, will get this done as soon as poss.
by stephengoodall
Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:50 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: promotion promotion
Replies: 79
Views: 25588

Re: promotion promotion

i have emailed Martin and TK@yahoo the press release for Peter Williams. Please also consider the following communication: "You may notice that I only need the space for one week Monday 2nd till sunday 8th due to other commitments, But there are two people I know who would like to exhibite 2D w...
by stephengoodall
Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:02 am
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Front of House 18/01/2009
Replies: 37
Views: 14268

Re: Front of House 18/01/2009

ok then- i will print the what is forest one today- if you guys could confirm the workshop details for me by saturday i will get that one made and printed then.
by stephengoodall
Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:50 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: jan to may booking slots
Replies: 47
Views: 17644

Re: jan to may booking slots

are we sure this is strictly neccessary?
by stephengoodall
Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:17 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Visual arts meeting 29/1/09
Replies: 8
Views: 3866

Re: Visual arts meeting 29/1/09

will talk about it on Thurs. (ooh mystery)

Also- we have 3 shows tbc.: Nick Chate(Mike), Simon Green (Martin) and seaside paintings guy whose name i forget (Emi)

Go to advanced search